Speedplay Frog Pedals not grabbing.

wALDOsLACK

Apr 15, 2006
Hey folks. I have a set of the SP Frog pedals that just don't snap in like they are suppose to. I've tried adding a spacer between the cleat & the shoe & this helped a little. These things don't snap in like the road cleated speedplays. With those you know your in...

There's nothing more annnoying than trying to make a climb & your food pops off for no apparent reason. Or pushing down to clip in & not knowing if your cleat has attached. They don't snap or pop to let you know like the SP road pedals do.

I have some eggbeaters that do the same thing. You just don't know if your in or not.

Help or suggestions?

Perhaps I should get the Shimano959's?

What, No one uses speedplay frog pedals?

C'mon, how bout some help? Anyone, anything? I'm dying to get securely clipped in over here..... lol
wW

wALDOsLACK said:
What, No one uses speedplay frog pedals?

C'mon, how bout some help? Anyone, anything? I'm dying to get securely clipped in over here..... lol
wW
The Frog's do not snap in...they more "slide" in. I hear a the click when in. Keep practicing. Great pedals, tons of float.

wALDOsLACK said:
Anyone, anything? I'm dying to get securely clipped in over here..... lol
wW
So get a pair of Times ;) I just dont think the SP mechanism is the wisest thing off road. There was a dude at the local trails last weekend having a $h!t fit over his frogs. It was light mud, nothing bad, and his pedals gummed up. I can clip in when the limestone clay gunk is hard and is clinging to everything. I've never been able to not clip in.

They are the easies engaging pedals that there is. You may need new cleats.