Speedplay pedals and knee pain

afroboy

Oct 2, 2004
Has anyone used/use speedplay x-series pedals? Are they beneficial? I have had ongoing knee ****les in my right knee for years (which has improved with bike fit, orthotics, squats for muscle imbalance and regular stretching). I just feel like i require more float whilst riding and hence i have been recommended the speedplay series due to such ability of float.
Cheers

afroboy said:
Has anyone used/use speedplay x-series pedals? Are they beneficial? I have had ongoing knee ****les in my right knee for years (which has improved with bike fit, orthotics, squats for muscle imbalance and regular stretching). I just feel like i require more float whilst riding and hence i have been recommended the speedplay series due to such ability of float.
Cheers

I had SPDs that came with my bike. After about 1800 miles I started to get a sharp pain on my right knee cap - switched to SPEEDPLAY and WOW - instantly pain is gone. 250 miles later I am feeling great again.
:)

I was actually off the bike for almost one year due to knee problems and when i got back riding again I switched to Speedplay after constant knee pain. The extra float takes a little to get used to but it does miracles to your knees. Never will i ride anything else, easy to clip to and notice all the veteran rides and folks over 50 ....most ride these pedals for the same reaon i do!

big up for speedplay!

afroboy said:
Cheers
I tend to have knee issues and have installed speedplay zeros on both of my bikes. No more knee pain.

afroboy said:
Cheers
one more element you might want to explore as I had the same pattern. Went to Speed Play worked for a while then discovered that it was more complex than just that: http://www.hscycle.com/Pages/homepage.html look into let length differences and leg timing differences. Made all the difference in the world! Tell Tom Slocum Erskien told you to get in touch with him. Great guy... Brilliant!