3) Light actions

the zero seems to be lighter but are they better please help

hoody said:
I have decided on purchasing a pair of speedplays but do I get

1) X2
2) zero (stainless steel)
3) Light actions

the zero seems to be lighter but are they better please help

X2-LOTS of float(37 degrees) w/o the ability to adjust. 'May' have a 'not attached to the pedal' feeling.
Zero- adjustable float, less 'free float' feeling.
Light Actions-essentially same system as Zero with easier effort to get in and out of the pedal. NO float adjust.

Have a shop with a demo program?

Peter@vecchios said:
Zero- adjustable float, less 'free float' feeling.
Light Actions-essentially same system as Zero with easier effort to get in and out of the pedal. NO float adjust.
Can anyone confirm my suspicion (admittedly based on appearance, plus "reading between the lines" of Speedplay's ad copy...no first-hand experience w/ either model) that the Light Action pedals are not as well-made as the Zero (or the X-series)?

Bob Ross said:
Can anyone confirm my suspicion (admittedly based on appearance, plus "reading between the lines" of Speedplay's ad copy...no first-hand experience w/ either model) that the Light Action pedals are not as well-made as the Zero (or the X-series)?

The pedal has a chrom-moly spindle, made 'offshore), but there is a Zero model with the same spindle. The cleats are the same except NO float adjust and a weaker spring for easier entry/release.

I wouldn't say they 'are not as well made', just a different design is all.