Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Speedplay X1 pedal rebuild

Started by Les · · Last activity · 2 posts · 489 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
3 April 2005
Last activity
4 April 2005
Original author
Les
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
489
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have a pair of SpeedPlay X1 pedals that I need to rebuild. One
    bearing went south on a ride yesterday (too much rain in the NW
    winters). I have the new bearings, but I'm not sure how to remove the
    bearing housing in order to remove the old bearings. I assume that the
    plastic dust cover/grease port comes off and then a snap ring must come
    out so that the housing will come off. Is this right? If so, should
    the cover just be pried off or is there a trick to it. I don't want to
    damage anything since I use these pedals a lot. I tried the SpeedPlay
    web site, but could find anything showing dis-assembly. Thanks for any help.

    John

  2. Les said:

    I have a pair of SpeedPlay X1 pedals that I need to rebuild. One
    bearing went south on a ride yesterday (too much rain in the NW
    winters). I have the new bearings, but I'm not sure how to remove the
    bearing housing in order to remove the old bearings. I assume that the
    plastic dust cover/grease port comes off and then a snap ring must come
    out so that the housing will come off. Is this right?

    Torx to get the sprindle out then remove the c-clip to tap the teeny
    cart bearings out. The needle bearing on the inboard of the 'puck'
    doesn't come out. If that is history, you need new 'pucks'.

    If so, should

    Quoted message said:

    the cover just be pried off or is there a trick to it. I don't want to
    damage anything since I use these pedals a lot. I tried the SpeedPlay
    web site, but could find anything showing dis-assembly. Thanks for any
    help.

    John

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.