Speedplay Zero problem

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by jwroubaix, Jul 1, 2011.

1. jwroubaix

jwroubaix New Member

I have Speedplay Zero and i'm having a problem with my left pedal or cleat. While pedaling today it came off the pedal 4 or 5 times. It really made me mad and is very dangerous. I have no idea why it was doing this, any suggestions before I toss these and go back to my Looks?

Tags:

2. stephenX

stephenX New Member

A mate I rode with this morning was complaining about the same 'clipping out' problem with his new Speedplays fitted a couple of rides ago. Lucky he's a clever cookie and worked out the screw head (front one of the three i think?) that holds the cleat to the shoe wasn't sitting flush with the cleat. I know I'm not explaining this very clearly but the result was the pedal couldn't clip completely into the pedal, hence it kept popping out while pedaling.

Sorry but I can't recall what he did to fix it, but I'm guessing there must be an issue with the latest Speedplay pedals being slod as his were only a week old. Looks like a warranty (recall?) claim to me. . . . hang on. Have just had a reply from him - he used an angle grinder to grint down part of the screw head. We rode for 4hrs today without the pedal pulling out once.

good luck.

P.s. He uses Sidi shoes.