Speedplay Zero release tension...

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Kb, Jun 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kb

Kb Guest

Hi guys. For those of you who have tried, or are using the Zero's, do you find they release
    rather easily??

I just put a pair on my bike, steel axle model, blue lollipops. No prob setting up the cleats,
    followed the instructions. I find it pretty easy to clip in, and the rotation is there, but I find
    that when my foot gets to the end of the rotation, I am able to clip out with almost no effort. I'm
    not sure how my feet won't fly out of these things if I'm sprinting, etc. If I happen to turn my
    foot slightly on a hard pedal stroke during a sprint, I'm gonna castrate myself. Anyone else take
    notice of the rather easy release tension of these??

Tags:

2. KB-<< Hi guys. For those of you who have tried, or are using the Zero's, do you find they release
    rather easily?? >><BR><BR>

Not mine, mounted to Diadoras and LOOK shoes...

Cleat flat onto the shoe???

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

3. Kb

Kb Guest

Yup, they are flat. They clip in fine, lots of float, but when I reach the outside of the float they
    seem to release effortlessly!! I read a review on roadbikereview where a guy mentioned the same
    thing, not sure if it is common. I may have to sell these and go back to the trusty heavy Looks...:(

"Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > KB-<< Hi guys. For those of you who have tried, or are using the Zero's,
    do
    > you find they release rather easily?? >><BR><BR>
    >
    > Not mine, mounted to Diadoras and LOOK shoes...
    >
    > Cleat flat onto the shoe???
    >
    > Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    > (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.