SpeedWork

[quote author=pat5319 link=board=19;threadid=1049;start=0#msg9248 date=1011213595]<br />On Spinnning<br />&quot;Bouncing&quot; when spinnnig fast is often a symptom of unequal leg length or not enough saddle height- measure legs,shim shoes under cleat or raise your saddle a couple of millimeters!  If you're new to spinning keep working on it.<br /><br />To smooth your stroke and make your muscles more efficient spin at maximum rpm for (obviuosly) short periods, working on increasing your &quot;max&quot;. Many elite and national teams REQUIRE thier riders to be ABLE to hit over 300 rpm!!  At the beginning of every season, I personally make sure I can spin At LEAST 160 rpm on the road and 200 rpm on the ergometer (trainer), I can't do it for more than a few seconds but it DOES improve my form.<br /><br />Ride to Spin and Grin<br />Pat<br />  <br />[/quote]<br /><br />ALMOST unbelievable 300 rpm !!!!!!!<br />With the gear 39/20 you can theoretically achieve: 75 km/h and<br />with 52/13 (if u can move that one for 300 rpm): 153 km/h<br />Are there people who really can do 300 rpm ???<br />Thank you<br />

Try these intervals for speedwork:<br /><br />1) 30 sec *on* - 30 sec *off*. Do the 30 sec *on* as HARD &amp; FAST as you can! Repeat this 3 times. And do 3 sets :eek:<br /><br />2) Do some pyramid intervals. 1min on - 1min off - 2min on - 2 min off - 3 min on - 3 min off - 4 min - 4 min off - 4 min on - 4 min off - 3 min on - 3 min off - 2 min on - 2 min off - 1 min on - 1 min off. Do the *on* as hard and fast as you can. After the first set, recover 10 minutes and repeat.

[quote author=RacerChick76 link=board=19;threadid=1049;start=20#msg23934 date=1041554985]<br />Try these intervals for speedwork:<br /><br />1) 30 sec *on* - 30 sec *off*. Do the 30 sec *on* as HARD &amp; FAST as you can! Repeat this 3 times. And do 3 sets :eek:<br /><br />2) Do some pyramid intervals. 1min on - 1min off - 2min on - 2 min off - 3 min on - 3 min off - 4 min - 4 min off - 4 min on - 4 min off - 3 min on - 3 min off - 2 min on - 2 min off - 1 min on - 1 min off. Do the *on* as hard and fast as you can. After the first set, recover 10 minutes and repeat.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />How do you go getting your heart rate back up after 4 minutes off? <br /><br />I find my HR drops to about 100bpm after 60 seconds rest, if I let the recovery period go for 4 or 5 minutes the next interval feels really hard. Whereas if I start it again after about 1 minute (100bpm or a drop of about 80bpm) I can get my HR back up with ease.<br /><br />

Hey Steve,<br /><br />(I'm no guru here..so take my advice with a grain of salt :p)<br /><br />The only answer I have is to do the next 4min *on* hard. From my personal experience, it will take about 30 sec - 1 minute to bring your HR back up. Simply becaise HR is a delayed response. <br /><br />Also - the 4 min interval after 4 minutes off should be really hard. It gets your body acclimated to the wild pace changes of road racing. So many times I have sat in the pack with a low HR for 5-10 minutes then suddenly - with jumps and attacks - I have to grind it hard...<br /><br />Just my 2 cents :)