Speeed wobbles

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Serge, May 16, 2003.

  1. Serge

    Serge Guest

    I am getting some wobbles on my new bike riding no hands esp. downhill. I did not have that kind of
    flatter on any of my old bikes. I have Simano 7700 wheels w/16spokes, they are somewhat "aero". I
    had Mavic Cosmos Carbon, they did not do that as far as I can remember. Could be frame aligment? The
    bike is Ti and a reputable brand (I think). I am relatively technical and would appreciate people
    not to suggest to check how true my wheels are -they are perfect, so is headset.

    Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. Matt C

    Matt C Guest

    Being relativley technical, this fix will be easy for you. The next time you're flying down hill
    no handed and those pesky speeed wobbles start to ruin your day. Take a silca frame pump and jam
    it in your front wheel, no more speeed wobble and one less clown on the road riding his bike down
    hill no handed.

    You're Welcome.

    "Serge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I am getting some wobbles on my new bike riding no hands esp. downhill. I did not have that kind
    > of flatter on any of my old bikes. I have Simano 7700 wheels w/16spokes, they are somewhat "aero".
    > I had Mavic Cosmos Carbon, they did not do that as far as I can remember. Could be frame aligment?
    > The bike is Ti and a reputable brand (I think). I am relatively technical and would appreciate
    > people not to suggest to check how true my wheels are -they are perfect, so is headset.
    >
    > Thanks.

  3. Danschmatz

    Danschmatz Guest

    What is the frame size, headtube angle, fork maker and fork offset?

  4. This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

    ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C31C49.2AA06190 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

    When in doubt: http://draco.acs.uci.edu/rbfaq/FAQ/8h.5.html

    ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C31C49.2AA06190 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META
    http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML
    6.00.2800.1170" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>When in doubt: </FONT><A=20
    href=3D"http://draco.acs.uci.edu/rbfaq/FAQ/8h.5.html"><FONT face=3DArial =

    size=3D2>http://draco.acs.uci.edu/rbfaq/FAQ/8h.5.html</FONT></A></DIV>
    <DV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <DVI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV></BODY></HTML>

    ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C31C49.2AA06190--

  5. > I am getting some wobbles on my new bike riding no hands esp. downhill. I did not have that kind
    > of flatter on any of my old bikes. I have Simano 7700 wheels w/16spokes, they are somewhat "aero".
    > I had Mavic Cosmos Carbon, they did not do that as far as I can remember. Could be frame aligment?
    > The bike is Ti and a reputable brand (I think). I am relatively technical and would appreciate
    > people not to suggest to check how true my wheels are -they are perfect, so is headset.
    >
    > Thanks.

    don't go down that road. try some wheels with no profile like the mavic cosmos. it is the aero
    profile that causes the wobble.