Spin Lite Feedback

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Douglas, Jul 13, 2004.

  1. Douglas

    Douglas Guest

    Tags:

  2. Douglas <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Has anyone tried the Velocity Aerohead/DuraAce wheels?
    >
    > http://www.spinlitecycling.com/road_wheels.htm

    i can't speak for the quality of their wheel builds but i've been buying
    velocity rims from them (good prices, they're the best mail-order source
    for velocity rims in the US, ime) for probably near a year now (that comes
    to 3 pair, iirc). nothing but positive to report -- they went the extra
    mile to get a shipment expedited for instance.
    --
    david reuteler
    [email protected]

  3. Jeff Starr

    Jeff Starr Guest

    On 13 Jul 2004 20:56:58 GMT, David Reuteler <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Douglas <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> Has anyone tried the Velocity Aerohead/DuraAce wheels?
    >>
    >> http://www.spinlitecycling.com/road_wheels.htm

    >i can't speak for the quality of their wheel builds but i've been buying
    >velocity rims from them (good prices, they're the best mail-order source
    >for velocity rims in the US, ime) for probably near a year now (that comes
    >to 3 pair, iirc). nothing but positive to report -- they went the extra
    >mile to get a shipment expedited for instance.

    Hi, I had the same experience, they had one of the only Aerohead OC
    700c Electric Red 32 hole in the country. Velocity USA was out of them
    and I found one at Spin Lite. Lyle even shipped it directly to Peter.

    I have a set of Aerohead/DA wheels, but mine were handbuilt by Peter
    at Vecchio's.

    Life is Good!
    Jeff

  4. On 2004-07-13, Douglas <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Has anyone tried the Velocity Aerohead/DuraAce wheels?
    >
    > http://www.spinlitecycling.com/road_wheels.htm

    I had Lyle at Spin Lite build up a set of custom cross/all-around
    wheels for me:

    rims: Velocity Deep-V
    spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
    hubs: Shimano XT
    details: 36h, rear axle cut to 130mm, spoke head washers

    Here's my summary of the transaction:

    - Email and phone communication were excellent.
    - His attention to the details of my build spec was excellent.
    - In the 5 months that I've had them, the wheels have been great.
    A month ago I had to retighten the cones in the rear hub; other
    than that, I have done no maintenance and they remain perfectly
    true.

    I recommend Spin Lite as a quality wheel vendor.

    Greg
    --
    Gregory S. Sutter "How do I read this file?"
    mailto:[email protected] "You uudecode it."

  5. Douglas

    Douglas Guest

    Thanks to everyone for your feedback. I guess I will be ordering some
    wheels from them shortly.

    Douglas.