spindle length for XC Pro crankset

Dylan Keon

Guest
I am building up a 1988 Wicked Fat Chance frame (68mm bottom bracket
shell, press-fit). I plan to use a Phil Wood spindle and bearings with
a Suntour XC Pro crankset. What spindle length do I need? Phil 123mm?
I found a few old posts that stated 122.5mm for the XC Pro, and others
that stated 125mm. Didn't see the XC Pro in Sheldon's BB database.

Thanks.

Dylan Keon wrote:
> I am building up a 1988 Wicked Fat Chance frame (68mm bottom bracket
> shell, press-fit). I plan to use a Phil Wood spindle and bearings with
> a Suntour XC Pro crankset. What spindle length do I need? Phil 123mm?
> I found a few old posts that stated 122.5mm for the XC Pro, and others
> that stated 125mm. Didn't see the XC Pro in Sheldon's BB database.
>
> Thanks.

FWIW, I just measured the Suntour GreaseGuard spindle that was supplied
with the companion BB assembly for the XC Pro. 125 mm.

IME, a 123 would be fine. Perhaps even shorter, depending on some other
variables.

BTW, a very nice crankset.