Spindle length

Resound

Guest
It looks like I'm going to actually have some space in which to start
playing with projects again soon which should result in the stalled fixie
project being revived. I was looking at bottom brackets which is the one
major part I haven't bought yet. Would be be fair to assume that if I've got
Miche Primato hubs and cranks that a Primato BB would have the correct
spindle length to give me a spot on chainline? I find myself wanting to
spend the extra dollars on a Chorus BB but it's a 102mm spindle versus 107mm
for the Miche. Thoughts?

i think the Chorus triple BB is a 107mm (or is it 111mm?).
Either way i would ave your cash. have personally chewed thru 3 Chorus BB's now and suspect they may be a weak link in an otherwise excellent grouppo

"Resound" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> It looks like I'm going to actually have some space in which to start
> playing with projects again soon which should result in the stalled fixie
> project being revived. I was looking at bottom brackets which is the one
> major part I haven't bought yet. Would be be fair to assume that if I've
> got Miche Primato hubs and cranks that a Primato BB would have the correct
> spindle length to give me a spot on chainline? I find myself wanting to
> spend the extra dollars on a Chorus BB but it's a 102mm spindle versus
> 107mm for the Miche. Thoughts?

Won't work, too short, the triple is not symmetrical.... save your coin and
use the Miche BB, they last a long time!

Gemm

Resound said:
It looks like I'm going to actually have some space in which to start
playing with projects again soon which should result in the stalled fixie
project being revived. I was looking at bottom brackets which is the one
major part I haven't bought yet. Would be be fair to assume that if I've got
Miche Primato hubs and cranks that a Primato BB would have the correct
spindle length to give me a spot on chainline? I find myself wanting to
spend the extra dollars on a Chorus BB but it's a 102mm spindle versus 107mm
for the Miche. Thoughts?
I have an 05 chorus BB (italian thread) with only 10,000 km on it lying around in the garage somewhere which you can have for the low price of paying the favour forward to someone else some day - (have upgraded to the ultradrive external BB cup version).

send me your details at monsterman67 - at - gmail dot com

monsterman said:
send me your details at monsterman67 - at - gmail dot com

Sorry for moving the discussion elsewhere - but are you still heading southwards on the Aus Day weekend?

cfsmtb said:
Sorry for moving the discussion elsewhere - but are you still heading southwards on the Aus Day weekend?
You bet your sweet bippy - flights booked, accom booked - ready to roll (well, apart from the whole half-arsed training thing ...... but these one day events are more about ticker than fitness aren't they??)

shoot me an email on the address set out earlier in this thread and I'll reply with mobile details etc. As said elsewhere - would be good to meet some ABers

On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 23:24:21 +1100, monsterman
<[email protected]> wrote:

>shoot me an email on the address set out earlier in this thread and
>I'll reply with mobile details etc. As said elsewhere - would be good
>to meet some ABers

Any other ABers going to be in Adelaide for the TDU ?
I'll be on the MadOne 6.9

"monsterman" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> Resound Wrote:
>> It looks like I'm going to actually have some space in which to start
>> playing with projects again soon which should result in the stalled
>> fixie
>> project being revived. I was looking at bottom brackets which is the
>> one
>> major part I haven't bought yet. Would be be fair to assume that if
>> I've got
>> Miche Primato hubs and cranks that a Primato BB would have the correct
>> spindle length to give me a spot on chainline? I find myself wanting to
>> spend the extra dollars on a Chorus BB but it's a 102mm spindle versus
>> 107mm
>> for the Miche. Thoughts?

> I have an 05 chorus BB (italian thread) with only 10,000 km on it lying
> around in the garage somewhere which you can have for the low price of
> paying the favour forward to someone else some day - (have upgraded to
> the ultradrive external BB cup version).
>
> send me your details at monsterman67 - at - gmail dot com

I appreciate the offer, but I need english threaded, not italian. Ta muchly
though.

Aeek wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 23:24:21 +1100, monsterman
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> shoot me an email on the address set out earlier in this thread and
>> I'll reply with mobile details etc. As said elsewhere - would be good
>> to meet some ABers

> Any other ABers going to be in Adelaide for the TDU ?
> I'll be on the MadOne 6.9

Yep. Old fat guy on red TCR C2. You'll find me huffin and puffin out to
Hahndorf, McLaren Vale etc.

Aeek wrote:
> monsterman wrote:
>> shoot me an email on the address set out earlier in this thread and
>> I'll reply with mobile details etc. As said elsewhere - would be good
>> to meet some ABers

> Any other ABers going to be in Adelaide for the TDU ?
> I'll be on the MadOne 6.9

when is the TDU this year ?

cheers,

kim

Kim Hawtin wrote:
> Aeek wrote:
>> monsterman wrote:
>>> shoot me an email on the address set out earlier in this thread and
>>> I'll reply with mobile details etc. As said elsewhere - would be good
>>> to meet some ABers

>> Any other ABers going to be in Adelaide for the TDU ?
>> I'll be on the MadOne 6.9

> when is the TDU this year ?
>
> cheers,
>
> kim

Same bat-time, same bat-channel.

3rd week of Jan. 20-27 Jan.

On 2008-01-03, Patrick Keogh (aka Bruce)
> Kim Hawtin wrote:
>> when is the TDU this year ?
>>
>> cheers,
>>
>> kim

> Same bat-time, same bat-channel.
>
> 3rd week of Jan. 20-27 Jan.

sbs 6:00pm

--
TimC
CAUTION: The Mass of This Product Contains the Energy Equivalent of 85

"Patrick Keogh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Aeek wrote:
>> On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 23:24:21 +1100, monsterman
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> shoot me an email on the address set out earlier in this thread and
>>> I'll reply with mobile details etc. As said elsewhere - would be good
>>> to meet some ABers

>> Any other ABers going to be in Adelaide for the TDU ?
>> I'll be on the MadOne 6.9

> Yep. Old fat guy on red TCR C2. You'll find me huffin and puffin out to
> Hahndorf, McLaren Vale etc.

If you're here for the 'rest day' Monday (21st) and have a CA license you
can enter the Streetraces that are being held out at Mawson Lakes...
http://www.cycling.org.au/Content/NavigationMenu3/Events/Calendar/CyclingSAStreetRaces_EntryV2.pdf
Closed street course 1.2km long with left and rihgt hanrd turns, no hotdog
corners - yay!

Gemm

Gemma_k said:
If you're here for the 'rest day' Monday (21st) and have a CA license you
can enter the Streetraces that are being held out at Mawson Lakes...
http://www.cycling.org.au/Content/NavigationMenu3/Events/Calendar/CyclingSAStreetRaces_EntryV2.pdf
Closed street course 1.2km long with left and rihgt hanrd turns, no hotdog
corners - yay!

Gemm

I have a VCC licence so I'm doing the vets road race (Angaston, the stage has a finishing loop?) and the crit - Sunday, THE closed course, in the morning before the pro tour.