Spinergy Repair

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Colin Campbell, Feb 18, 2003.

  1. I am looking for a quick fix too my rear spynergy wheel. A rivet has popped. Can I replace the rivet
    and glue the area. If so what kind of glue would be good. I am trying too avoid sending the wheel
    back to the supplier.

    Any help would be great. Colin

    Tags:

  2. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

    "Colin Campbell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I am looking for a quick fix too my rear spynergy wheel. A rivet has popped. Can I replace the
    > rivet and glue the area. If so what kind of glue would be good. I am trying too avoid sending the
    > wheel back to the supplier.
    >
    > Any help would be great. Colin

    I'm not sure that "fixing" a popped rivet on a Spinergy is a good idea due to reliability issues but
    since the wheel is Carbon Fiber the only "glue" to use is Epoxy as that is what is used to hold
    Carbon Fber strands together in the first place.

    Danny Callen

  3. "Colin Campbell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > I am looking for a quick fix too my rear spynergy wheel. A rivet has popped.

    I am not sure how Spinergy's rivets are made, however, let me tell you this.

    Many rims have double rivets and those that you see, say from the hub side, are there only for the
    look. They serve no purpose whatsoever, other than eyeletting the hole. The real rivets onto which
    the spoke's head pushes are 'the other ones' that sit on the outer circumference. You can also be
    sure that if the wheel has not gone 'wrong' after the rivet popping, it surely was a useless rivet
    involved there. So, why not regluing it? I would just do it, period.

    Sergio Pisa