spinergy rev x on a fixed gear?

marked001

Apr 17, 2003
I'm not too too familiar with bikes..I have a fixed gear setup right now and I am interested in putting a set of spinergy rev x wheels on it...but they're all designed for cassettes...how do I get around this? thanks :)

the front wheel's easy (of course)...

for the rear wheel, try Surly's hub converter: "This is a conversion kit to convert almost any recent Shimano cassette hub (except pre-1997 Dura Ace) to fixed gear...kit will also permit the conversion of Spinergy and other one-piece wheels that use Shimano cassettes." (see http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/fixed-hubs.html)

..thanks for the reply, I did actually buy that...but then got the wheels off of ebay and realized the rear wheel had an older threaded hub...sooooo... I went the more half ass route and used a couple spacers and loctite with a track cog...not ideal, but I ran that setup on my old wheels for a couple years without a problem....

Fixed with Rev-Xs is terrifyingly dangerous. I'd never ride Rev-Xs in the first place, they're far too dangerous. Mike Burrows (Legenedary bike designer, designed Chris Boardman's Lotus Sport) watched them disintergrate in strandered testing, stay well away from these death traps.

Let's see.....9 year old thread from people with 1,2, and 4 posts. Chances of any of them replying: as close as you can get to zero without being zero.