Spinergy Spox

bob

Guest
I have picked up an old (1987) Specialized Hardrock MTB that came with
Spinergy Spox wheels. The wheels are pretty much overkill for what I
want but I am now the proud owner.

My problem is that I have no knowledge of these exotic wheels and of
their maintenance. The rear wheel is slightly out of true and the spokes
need to be re-tensioned. So a few questions if I may.

Has anybody ever used such wheels and can give any advise about them?
Has anyone ever re-tensioned such wheels?
Does anyone know where I can source the necessary large and small spline
tools? My 2 LBS's do not have them.

Pictures of the wheels are here.
http://www.downie-geo.demon.co.uk/Spox/Spinergy_Spox.html

Many thanks
--
Geomannie

In message <yHjU3ZC5IV2GFwFG@downie#n0sapm#.co.uk>, bob
<downiegeon0spam.co.uk@downie#n0sapm#.co.uk> writes
>I have picked up an old (1987) Specialized Hardrock MTB that came with
>Spinergy Spox wheels. The wheels are pretty much overkill for what I
>want but I am now the proud owner.
>
>My problem is that I have no knowledge of these exotic wheels and of
>their maintenance. The rear wheel is slightly out of true and the
>spokes need to be re-tensioned. So a few questions if I may.
>
>Has anybody ever used such wheels and can give any advise about them?
>Has anyone ever re-tensioned such wheels?
>Does anyone know where I can source the necessary large and small
>spline tools? My 2 LBS's do not have them.
>
>Pictures of the wheels are here.
>http://www.downie-geo.demon.co.uk/Spox/Spinergy_Spox.html
>
>Many thanks

Not a single reply. I didn't know that Spinergy wheels were that rare.

Thanks for looking anyway.

Cheers
--
Geomannie

bob wrote:

>> Has anybody ever used such wheels and can give any advise about them?
>> Has anyone ever re-tensioned such wheels?
>> Does anyone know where I can source the necessary large and small
>> spline tools? My 2 LBS's do not have them.

Dunno any of that, but they look great.

"bob" <downiegeon0spam.co.uk@downie#n0sapm#.co.uk> wrote in message
>I have picked up an old (1987) Specialized Hardrock MTB that came with
>Spinergy Spox wheels. The wheels are pretty much overkill for what I want
>but I am now the proud owner.
>
> My problem is that I have no knowledge of these exotic wheels and of their
> maintenance. The rear wheel is slightly out of true and the spokes need to
> be re-tensioned. So a few questions if I may.
>
> Has anybody ever used such wheels and can give any advise about them?
> Has anyone ever re-tensioned such wheels?
> Does anyone know where I can source the necessary large and small spline
> tools? My 2 LBS's do not have them.
>
> Pictures of the wheels are here.
> http://www.downie-geo.demon.co.uk/Spox/Spinergy_Spox.html
>
> Many thanks
> --
> Geomannie

Have you tried contacting Spinergy for advise. There is a contact form on
their website. That should be a good starting place.

Stuart

>Have you tried contacting Spinergy for advise. There is a contact form on
>their website. That should be a good starting place.
>
>Stuart

Agreed

I have just finished doing that. I used the US website to find the UK
distributor who I called to find the name of my nearest local dealer.
This turns out to be about 8 miles distant from me. I am pleased to say
they can do the servicing.

That aside, if anyone can tell me anything practical about these wheels
(good, bad, indifferent) I would be grateful. They are obsolete and the
Spinergy website has no info on the Spox.

Cheers
--
Geomannie

bob wrote:

> I have picked up an old (1987) Specialized Hardrock MTB that came with
> Spinergy Spox wheels. The wheels are pretty much overkill for what I
> want but I am now the proud owner.
>
> My problem is that I have no knowledge of these exotic wheels and of
> their maintenance. The rear wheel is slightly out of true and the spokes
> need to be re-tensioned. So a few questions if I may.
>
> Has anybody ever used such wheels and can give any advise about them?
> Has anyone ever re-tensioned such wheels?
> Does anyone know where I can source the necessary large and small spline
> tools? My 2 LBS's do not have them.
>
> Pictures of the wheels are here.
> http://www.downie-geo.demon.co.uk/Spox/Spinergy_Spox.html
>
> Many thanks

Well, this page mentions it is for nipples at the hub flanges:

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=T0037

I've no experience of it, but it could work and is only £3.50 with postage.

--
Jim