Spinergy Wheel Repair???

Eric

Guest
I have a set of Spinergy Rev X wheels (the old, carbon-fiber, four-spoke
model); the front has developed an annoying heavy thumping during
braking. I'd assume there's a bend in the aluminum rim, but can't see or
feel anything.

The company doesn't service these old models anymore. Anyone know of a
place that might attempt repair or do I just toss the wheel? I'm too
broke to afford replacement, but the damned "thump-thump-thump" is
really getting to me.
Eric

"Eric" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I have a set of Spinergy Rev X wheels (the old, carbon-fiber, four-spoke
>model); the front has developed an annoying heavy thumping during braking.
>I'd assume there's a bend in the aluminum rim, but can't see or feel
>anything.
>
> The company doesn't service these old models anymore. Anyone know of a
> place that might attempt repair or do I just toss the wheel? I'm too broke
> to afford replacement, but the damned "thump-thump-thump" is really
> getting to me.
> Eric

Eric,

Consider posting your question to rec.bicycles.tech. RST is a good place
for questions on exotic wheels, but there seem to be more techno-geeks on
RBT.

Also, putting it on a truing stand may provide some clues.

Good Luck,

rsquared