Spinergy Wheels...Out of Buisiness?

ArvinC

Mar 17, 2003
Hello everyone. I'm looking into buying a new wheelset. One of the wheels I was looking into was the Spinergy Xareo wheels. I was searching the web for reviews and came across this site:

Spinergy Wheels: Are They Safe?

Now I realize that this article mainly applies to Spinergy's carbon-blade composite wheels. But, what makes it even more interesting is that I can't seem to find Spinergy's corporate website, or a number with which to contact them.

Anyone out there know if Spinergy is in fact out of business?

Also, if you have any experience with the Xareo line, how are they?

Thanks for any info! :D

Alive and kicking on www.spinergy.com

with nice wheels!!

Problems refer to the old types when getting old or used under heavy force it was possible that the carbon spokes broke of which most times resulted in a crash. The newer wheels are build more traditionally so this problem does not apply. Often users caused wheel failure thereself, it was a triathlon TT wheel and in my country many lads use/used it for off road racing or cobols which is life shortening for every wheel.

Originally posted by maarten
Alive and kicking on www.spinergy.com

with nice wheels!!

Problems refer to the old types when getting old or used under heavy force it was possible that the carbon spokes broke of which most times resulted in a crash. The newer wheels are build more traditionally so this problem does not apply. Often users caused wheel failure thereself, it was a triathlon TT wheel and in my country many lads use/used it for off road racing or cobols which is life shortening for every wheel.

The old type are no good for anyone over about 70KG, I rode a pair when they first came out and they flexed like no wheel i've ever rode b4. I dosn't suprise me they don't last!

cheers!

It must be my browser, guys...because I cannot viewSpinergy's Web Site.

Will have to try tweaking my browser's settings...but glad to know Spinergy's still around!

Thanks for the info!

Hi there

I know it's been a while since you posted this but thought I'd let you know... the Spinergy website has a flash intro which seems to work fine on a PC but not on a Mac... are you using a Mac? You can always skip the intro altogether by using the url

http://www.spinergy.com/openingpage.htm

by the way, I've got some rev Xs and they rok [sorry]... I've even seen people ride cyclo cross with them... some hits will destroy any wheel.

I was just searching for info on the XAeros as they seem to have taken a price dive in the UK

cheers

steve

Do yourself a favor and save the money and go with Zipps or HED or something besides spinergy, they really are very low quality, and they are a ***** to accelerate

Speaking of Zipps and HED... do either of these guys have a website??

I had a set of the old RevX's. Found out about Spinergy's "trade in policy" (Their effort to get the unsafe old ones off the road) and tried to take them up on it. Worst customer servive I've ever encountered. Unbelievably bad. I returned them to Performance and got some Mavics.

Tim

I have some Xero XSR-2 wheels which I know virtually nothing about. www.xerowheel.com doesn't/didn't help.

They look cool anyway, although they aren't anywhere near the lightest and/or the most expensive.

Haven't had problems with them yet, but then again, haven't ridden them very long.

On the topic of Spinergy wheelsets, are their Sulky Wheelsets any good? The spokes are made from PBO fiber (like a string) which they claim is stronger than steel and much lighter - providing a lighter wheelset.

This technology has me curious about buying one, and I've seen some teams in the TdF using Sulky wheelsets.