Spinergy Wheels

Babbar

Aug 10, 2003
The bike that has crept back to the top of my list, the Cannondale R1000, comes with Mavic Kysrium Elite wheelset. I am worried about their ability to support a clydesdale like me, so I e-mailed Mavic. Their answer was that they would be fine for me, but if I was that worried, to upgrade to the SL's.

I have been looking all over at wheelsets and recently sent e-mail to Spinergy. They advised me that their Xaero Lites, at $699, would be more than adequate. These wheel use carbon fiber spokes, and they claim they are 10 times stronger than steel.

I have also heard that if you have any problems with their wheels, you might as well just junk them because their customer service is horrible.

Mavic, on the other hand, reportedly has excellent customer service.

So, any opinions about Spinergy wheelsets and the company's customer service record?

I purchased an R1000 and bought the Spinergy Xaero Lites as a second wheelset. Although I am not a Clydesdale, I am no lightweight. Both the Ksyriums and Xaero Lites perform admirably.
I'll post if I have any complaints. I also heard of the customer service problems at Spinergy, I still gave them a shot. Good luck.

Scuba Steve

I'm not too much help, but the last time I talked to anyone about Spinergy was last year. My friend Jon showed me this old Specialized he had hanging up with Spinergy wheels. He had gotten them for free several years before and I guess they were the hottest thing going. He then said they were **** and the bike had been hanging there for about 2 years. I have noticed them more and more at the LBD with a hefty price tag. Maybe they have gotten better, but Jon still says they are ****.

Hope this opinion helps you.