spinergy Xaero Carbon SS

gerdo

Nov 28, 2003
I am in the middle of upgrading my ride(Cannon R-800) to '03 D/A from a mix of Campy. I am also looking at what looks like a good deal on a rear wheel (spinergy Xaero Carbon SS). I am on the heavy side, 100 kg. Are these durable wheels? Any comments will be appreciated.

I'd stay away from them just because of the company...they're terrible for any warranty claims, obtaining replacement spokes, etc. My old shop was a dealer and we couldn't even get them to return our calls whenever we had a problem.

They really look good for the price, but i agree if they break and it takes forever to repair what good are they at any price. I went with Mavic Open Pro rims with D/A hubs for now, also at a good price. I am still interested in some aero rims, i think i will stay away from carbon though, unless someone can tell me they will hold up.

^
That's a solid wheelset you got. Not quite as sexy, but I've never been concerned with that. Give me a durable and reasonably light wheelset with easily replaced parts and I'm happy.