"spinner" stationary bikes?

Hi. Who makes a spinner-type stationary exercise bike with the
following?

+ Standard (9/16 inch thread) cranks that I can put my Look A5.1
clipless pedals on

+ Magnetic resistance

+ Calorie and RPM/cadence counting computer

The Schwinn Evolution and Star Trac NXT seem to be the best bikes, but
do they have the above features? (And am I correct about them being
the best bikes?)

Thank you,
Roger Carlson

you might check out Kettler Ergo Racer at worldclasscyclesdotcom.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi. Who makes a spinner-type stationary exercise bike with the
> following?
>
> + Standard (9/16 inch thread) cranks that I can put my Look A5.1
> clipless pedals on
>
> + Magnetic resistance
>
> + Calorie and RPM/cadence counting computer
>
> The Schwinn Evolution and Star Trac NXT seem to be the best bikes, but
> do they have the above features? (And am I correct about them being
> the best bikes?)
>
> Thank you,
> Roger Carlson

I don't know about fitting the Look pedals, but the LeMond RevMaster is the
best spinning bike, hands down. No spin bike will have magnetic
resistance--only cheaper home stationary bikes have that feature. The
RevMaster has an optional display screen--the Pilot--that displays cadence,
heart rate, calories, etc.

I would like to see a stationary exercise bike that measures power
output - this would be a much better indicator of work than calorie or
cadence counting.

I use LeMond's stationary bike - the RevMaster:

http://www.lemondfitness.com/products/revmaster/index.html

which offers the ability to use clipless pedals (my friend uses Look
pedals on his bike) and the computer functions you describe, but not
magnetic resistance.

It is a very nice bike and has a feel that is very close to the road -
the friction resistance is not a drawback for me at all. The bike does
not spin up differently even when greater resistance is applied.

Jeremy