Spinning Bike Advice

Florida_dude

Oct 2, 2007
Does anyone have advice (or experience) on Spinning Cycles? I'd really like to get something for my home. I'd really like to get something quiet so I assumed the Keiser M3 Magnetic should be quiet but what does magnetic mean (how does it work). The LeMond was also mentioned as a quiet machine and The Spinner NSX but some say it's very complicated to work on. ??? I don't know what that means. Should I just stick with Schwinn? Why are all Schwinn dealers gone? Anyway, I'd really appreciate some advice if you have any. Thank you! :)

Our gym has the LeMond's...they are nice...but why not buy a bike and a cycle trainer...ride indoors on those days with afternoon thunderstorms and outside on all those other beautiful days...

tiggere said:
Our gym has the LeMond's...they are nice...but why not buy a bike and a cycle trainer...ride indoors on those days with afternoon thunderstorms and outside on all those other beautiful days...
One reason--a trainer does not duplicate the fixed-gear feel of a spinning machine.

I really hate the feel of cycle trainers and would rather do rollers, but to each his/her own.

You know, I've never tried using rollers. I have a mountain bike, would it work with that? Thanks!
A few people recommended LeMond and say they're quieter that Schwinn. I'm sure they're all good. Someone said Spinner are high maintenance and hard to adjust :confused:
Well, I really appreciate all your advice since it's a pretty big investment.

Florida_dude said:
You know, I've never tried using rollers. I have a mountain bike, would it work with that?
Never tried a mountain bike on rollers, but I imagine it would work if you can adjust the rollers for the longer wheelbase.

oldbobcat said:
Never tried a mountain bike on rollers, but I imagine it would work if you can adjust the rollers for the longer wheelbase.

"Well, I learn all sorts of good stuff here. You know, I think I'll hold on to the reciept just in case. :D "

Thanks!

I agree with an earlier poster.

Forget the spinning bike, get a real bike and a trainer for riding indoors. Some people like rollers, some people like trainers - the main thing is that you are riding the same bike you ride outdoors.

There are trainers that have a power curve that simulate riding outside. The Kurt Kinetic Road Machine comes to mind (because I have one), and based on the manufacturer's information (and some other checking I have done), it's responds like you are riding up a 1% incline. The faster you go, the harder it gets - just like outdoors.