Spinning

Nils-Erik Svang

Guest
Hello!

I was wondering how the music in spinning classes are choosen. I have read info on the net, that
when cycling you should have about 90 revolutions per minute, and slightly higher when spinning
(around 120 revs). How is the music choosen, is it based on the BPM (beats per minute)? I have
measured the BPM of the music of the classes I take, the BPM of the is about 140-150. And does
anyone have any links to info about how the instructors design their classes? /nisse

>Hello!
>
>I was wondering how the music in spinning classes are choosen.

Ack! Much better to get out on a real bike & do some proper cycling. Get fit whilst enjoying the
scenery instead of being in a sweaty gym affair :)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

Haha, I would if it wasnt so much snow where I live. 10 metric miles south of the artic circle. I
have to wait about 1-2 month before I can go out on the roads an cycle.

/nisse Den Tue, 01 Apr 2003 11:55:09 +0000 skrev wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter:

>>Hello!
>>
>>I was wondering how the music in spinning classes are choosen.
>
> Ack! Much better to get out on a real bike & do some proper cycling. Get fit whilst enjoying the
> scenery instead of being in a sweaty gym affair :)
>
> Cheers, helen s
>

> ~~~~~~~~~~
> Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending a reply!
>
> Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
> ~~~~~~~~~~

>>I was wondering how the music in spinning classes are choosen.
>
>Ack! Much better to get out on a real bike & do some proper cycling. Get fit whilst enjoying the
>scenery instead of being in a sweaty gym affair :)
>
>Cheers, helen s

Oh, Helen:

You sound like one of those retro people that want to cycle in the fresh air, enjoy the country side
and see the world.

Strictly Retro.

Modern nd progressive is to drive to a Gym where you can listen to rock music played at full
throttle while bouncing around on a "spin bike", following instructions shouted over the PA system
by some cute instructor."

Strictly Retro....

Jon "Strictly Retro Myself" Isaacs

PS: My guess is that the original post was a April Fools Joke..... :)

>You sound like one of those retro people that want to cycle in the fresh air, enjoy the country
>side and see the world.

I know - awful, isn't it ;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

Den Tue, 01 Apr 2003 12:42:39 +0000 skrev Jon Isaacs:

>>>I was wondering how the music in spinning classes are choosen.
>>
>>Ack! Much better to get out on a real bike & do some proper cycling. Get fit whilst enjoying the
>>scenery instead of being in a sweaty gym affair :)
>>
>>Cheers, helen s
>
> Oh, Helen: You sound like one of those retro people that want to cycle in the fresh air, enjoy the
> country side and see the world.
>
> Strictly Retro.
>
> Modern nd progressive is to drive to a Gym where you can listen to rock music played at full
> throttle while bouncing around on a "spin bike", following instructions shouted over the PA system
> by some cute instructor."
>
> Strictly Retro....
>
> Jon "Strictly Retro Myself" Isaacs
>
> PS: My guess is that the original post was a April Fools Joke..... :)
No, it's not an april fools joke, I'm genuinly interested in knowning how the music in spinning
classes are choosen so that the RPM are right. It may be a stupid question or even in the wrong
forum, but it is not a aprol fools joke. In retrospect I should perhaps choosen another day to post
thought. ;)

/nisse

Den Tue, 01 Apr 2003 14:36:49 +0200 skrev "Nils-Erik Svangård" <wizz:

> Hello!
>
> I was wondering how the music in spinning classes are choosen. I have read info on the net, that
> when cycling you should have about 90 revolutions per minute, and slightly higher when spinning
> (around 120 revs). How is the music choosen, is it based on the BPM (beats per minute)? I have
> measured the BPM of the music of the classes I take, the BPM of the is about 140-150. And does
> anyone have any links to info about how the instructors design their classes? /nisse

I found this link http://www.turnstep.com/Patterns/1998/May/May08.2.html It suggest that the beat of
the music i roughly double that of the cadence. Does that sound right? /nisse

Now I know why so many of my ancestors moved from there to warm, balmy South Dakota.

"Nils-Erik Svangård" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Haha, I would if it wasnt so much snow where I live. 10 metric miles south of the artic circle. I
> have to wait about 1-2 month before I can go out on the roads an cycle.
>
> /nisse Den Tue, 01 Apr 2003 11:55:09 +0000 skrev wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter:
>
> >>Hello!
> >>
> >>I was wondering how the music in spinning classes are choosen.
> >
> > Ack! Much better to get out on a real bike & do some proper cycling. Get
fit
> > whilst enjoying the scenery instead of being in a sweaty gym affair :)
> >
> > Cheers, helen s
> >

> > ~~~~~~~~~~
> > Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before
sending a
> > reply!
> >
> > Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the
keyboaRRRDdd
> > ~~~~~~~~~~

[email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> >Hello!
> >
> >I was wondering how the music in spinning classes are choosen.
>
> Ack! Much better to get out on a real bike & do some proper cycling. Get fit whilst enjoying the
> scenery instead of being in a sweaty gym affair :)
>
> Cheers, helen s
>

> ~~~~~~~~~~
> Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending a reply!
>
> Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd

> AMEN! we get some pretty bad winter conditions here, so part of my time is spent on a trainer, but
> it is a happy day when it's put away for spring. when i'm using it, i usually put my "best climbs
> of the tour de france" tape in, or one of a really killer stevie ray vaughan performance from
> "austin city limits".
smokey

"Nils-Erik Svangård" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Haha, I would if it wasnt so much snow where I live. 10 metric miles south of the artic circle. I
>have to wait about 1-2 month before I can go out on the roads an cycle.

What's a metric mile? My CatEye cyclo computer doesn't have an option for these.

the www.turnstep.com site seem to be what I was looking for. /nisse

Den Tue, 01 Apr 2003 11:07:22 -0800 skrev Tim Smith:

> "Nils-Erik Svangård" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Haha, I would if it wasnt so much snow where I live. 10 metric miles south of the artic circle. I
>>have to wait about 1-2 month before I can go out on the roads an cycle.
>
> What's a metric mile? My CatEye cyclo computer doesn't have an option for these.
1 metric mile = 10 km (kilometers) 1m = 100cm 12 inches = 30 cm

Hmm.. this solves everything ;) /nisse

Den Wed, 02 Apr 2003 02:12:46 +0000 skrev David Reuteler:

> Nils-Erik Svang?rd" <[email protected]> wrote:
> : 1 metric mile = 10 km (kilometers)
>
> 1 metric mile = 1500 metres

I had no idea! I have learned something new! Thanks!

/nisse