Spinskins - Your Comments

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Ride-A-Lot, Feb 9, 2005.

  1. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    I have been running Spinskins race kevlar strips on my Titus with
    Panaracers for a few weeks. It was an alternative to running Stans
    since I didn't want to goo up my fancy rims. So far no problems and I
    have ridden through thorns, glass, and other questionable crap in the
    urban jungle.

    Has anyone else used these? Your experiences? I have heard in the past
    they they were too heavy and that they warped the tire. These are the
    new race versions which add about 30g and I have not seen a warp,
    bubble, or other oddity.

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

    Tags:

  2. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Dude who frequents my local shop tried to get me to use 'em saying that
    they are lighter and do the same job as my personal faves, thorn
    resistant tubes. While he may be right that they are lighter compared
    to thorn resistant tubes, I have yet to see a product like Spinskins
    hold up to abuse from the environment (thorns, glass, small nails, etc.)
    and myself (260lbs of mick brick shit house) pounding the trails,
    asphalt, what have you. I have had the same tubes in one rig for nearly
    three years and they are perfectly fine. Plus I love to jack 'em up
    real hard (100+ psi) especially for concrete riding around town and
    university. Granted I am not into racing so I am not that much weight
    conscious. If I lighten up a rig it is usually for my own feel and
    handling. So my opinion is biased somewhat.

    I hear they are a good product, thought!

    Peace.

    --
    David R Marlborough
    DJ Mackelicious

  3. I got one in the rear on my commuter. Since theres
    so much glass,nails,wire,screws,on the road in winter. It come in the
    sand the road crews put down. I picked up spike from a road flare one
    winter. In winter I get more flats then any other season. And it does
    help since I've only one flat all winter and that was before the
    spinskin.

  4. Bill S.

    Bill S. Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    > I got one in the rear on my commuter.

    Family newsgroup, Craze.

    Bill "what is this, Penthouse Forum?" S.

  5. Let me break my foot off up yours since you like ass so
    much.

  6. tcmedara

    tcmedara Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Let me break my foot off up yours since you like ass so
    > much.

    POST OF THE DAY!

    (Course that could just be the painkillers talking...)

    Tom

  7. S o r n i

    S o r n i Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Let me break my foot off up yours since you like ass
    > so much.

    Craze, dude... Doesn't that WebTV box have a humor button?!?

  8. Humor is I just pulled large hunk of glass out of my
    rear tire and its still up and thats round tirp. See those skins do work
    to and from work.

  9. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Humor is I just pulled large hunk of glass out of my
    > rear tire and its still up and thats round tirp. See those skins do work
    > to and from work.

    I'll be testing them out in the canyons of Mexico in one week. I'll let
    you know how they hold up to the Mexican wilderness.

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  10. S o r n i wrote:
    > [email protected] wrote:
    > > Let me break my foot off up yours since you like

    ass
    > > so much.

    > Craze, dude... Doesn't that WebTV box have a humor button?!?

    That would be the "send" button.

  11. Baja Sir ride a lot test pilot.

  12. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Baja Sir ride a lot test pilot.

    Nope. More towards the middle of Mexico and 8 hours from El Paso.

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  13. Bob R

    Bob R Guest

  14. Funny how I called Bob a bitch and now
    he's calling everyone a bitch. That makes him MY bitch.

  15. Bob R

    Bob R Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Funny how I called Bob a bitch and now
    > he's calling everyone a bitch. That makes him MY bitch.

    All your bitch belongs to me

  16. Bob R wrote:
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Funny how I called Bob a bitch and now
    > > he's calling everyone a bitch. That makes him MY bitch.

    > All your bitch belongs to me

    Bob's favorite sandwich:

    <http://www.marshmallowfluff.com/htm/fn_frame.shtml>

  17. Don't drink the water. But the beer is okay.Have a good
    trip.