Spinskins - Your Comments



R

Ride-A-Lot

Guest
I have been running Spinskins race kevlar strips on my Titus with
Panaracers for a few weeks. It was an alternative to running Stans
since I didn't want to goo up my fancy rims. So far no problems and I
have ridden through thorns, glass, and other questionable **** in the
urban jungle.

Has anyone else used these? Your experiences? I have heard in the past
they they were too heavy and that they warped the tire. These are the
new race versions which add about 30g and I have not seen a warp,
bubble, or other oddity.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
 
D

Dave

Guest
Dude who frequents my local shop tried to get me to use 'em saying that
they are lighter and do the same job as my personal faves, thorn
resistant tubes. While he may be right that they are lighter compared
to thorn resistant tubes, I have yet to see a product like Spinskins
hold up to abuse from the environment (thorns, glass, small nails, etc.)
and myself (260lbs of mick brick **** house) pounding the trails,
asphalt, what have you. I have had the same tubes in one rig for nearly
three years and they are perfectly fine. Plus I love to jack 'em up
real hard (100+ psi) especially for concrete riding around town and
university. Granted I am not into racing so I am not that much weight
conscious. If I lighten up a rig it is usually for my own feel and
handling. So my opinion is biased somewhat.

I hear they are a good product, thought!

Peace.

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> I have been running Spinskins race kevlar strips on my Titus with
> Panaracers for a few weeks. It was an alternative to running Stans
> since I didn't want to goo up my fancy rims. So far no problems and I
> have ridden through thorns, glass, and other questionable **** in the
> urban jungle.
>
> Has anyone else used these? Your experiences? I have heard in the past
> they they were too heavy and that they warped the tire. These are the
> new race versions which add about 30g and I have not seen a warp,
> bubble, or other oddity.
>


--
David R Marlborough
DJ Mackelicious
http://walkingwounded.blogspot.com/
 
I got one in the rear on my commuter. Since theres
so much glass,nails,wire,screws,on the road in winter. It come in the
sand the road crews put down. I picked up spike from a road flare one
winter. In winter I get more flats then any other season. And it does
help since I've only one flat all winter and that was before the
spinskin.
 
T

tcmedara

Guest
[email protected] wrote:
> Let me break my foot off up yours since you like ass so
> much.


POST OF THE DAY!

(Course that could just be the painkillers talking...)

Tom
 
S

S o r n i

Guest
[email protected] wrote:
> Let me break my foot off up yours since you like ass
> so much.


Craze, dude... Doesn't that WebTV box have a humor button?!?
 
Humor is I just pulled large hunk of glass out of my
rear tire and its still up and thats round tirp. See those skins do work
to and from work.
 
R

Ride-A-Lot

Guest
[email protected] wrote:
> Humor is I just pulled large hunk of glass out of my
> rear tire and its still up and thats round tirp. See those skins do work
> to and from work.
>


I'll be testing them out in the canyons of Mexico in one week. I'll let
you know how they hold up to the Mexican wilderness.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
 

Similar threads