Spiuk shoes

Solanog

Feb 12, 2004
I wear the same shoes for mountain and road bikes. The pedals on the road bike are old ultegras which were SPD. I've never liked the road shoes, eventhough they may be better for the specific job, in my case I rather use the MB shoes since are more comfortable and walkable.
So my old Diadoras are toasted, literally, the outsole is cracked coming appart. I went to the BS and after looking at several shoes I liked the Spiuks, which I have never heard about. They were fairly priced and look great. I got a pair of mountain bike shoes, this model http://www.spiuk.com/home/productos-ficha-ing.asp?id=302 in red.
I know I should've asked before but, are these good shoes, they said they were something like the shoe of the year in 2007, so if that is true they should be good.
Any opinions about them? I just bought them so I'll try them until the weekend. I tried them on and felt great.

I'm interested in seeing what you find out.

How much did they cost? Do you have any idea how much they weigh? Thanks.

Camilo said:
I'm interested in seeing what you find out.

How much did they cost? Do you have any idea how much they weigh? Thanks.
I have no idea about the weight, they have a carbon sole road shoe that should be light.
I live in Costa Rica and generally speaking things are more expensive than in USA but this shoes were a good buy, they costed less than $100.
They feel rigid and the sole seems durable (I don't walk with them anyway but felt comfortable) the ones they are replacing are Diadora but they are not available these days here.
I will post my impressions as soon as I take a ride both in the MB and the RB.

Solanog said:
I have no idea about the weight, they have a carbon sole road shoe that should be light.
I live in Costa Rica and generally speaking things are more expensive than in USA but this shoes were a good buy, they costed less than $100.
They feel rigid and the sole seems durable (I don't walk with them anyway but felt comfortable) the ones they are replacing are Diadora but they are not available these days here.
I will post my impressions as soon as I take a ride both in the MB and the RB.
Well I wear them while riding the Road bike, eventhough they are MB shoes, they felt very well. The outsole is quite rigid and while pedaling the pedals didn't feel pushing up like if the outsole was bending or flexing. They are very comfortable and the rachet helps to keep them tight.
I've had no time to test them on the MB but I think they will feel equally good but they will get dirty, white isn't good for hiding stains or dust!