Splitting workout

core83

Jan 27, 2006
I only recently discovered this forum and I like it a lot; there are lots of very knowledgeable people around here..

I have a question about my current training schedule; I live in Europe and as probably everyone knows we don`t have the best weather right:) I am riding elite and doing lots of L2/3 Work at the moment.
to get in enough hours on the bike I split my workouts most days. Meaning I will do a trainer session of about 1-2h where I include my L3 Intervals (some L4) and in the afternoon I am riding on the road for 3-5h which gives my about 5-7h riding 5days a week.
Does this training have a significantly other effect on my aerobic system than doing 6/7h straight riding?

I thank you all for your comments in advance

core

I only recently discovered this forum and I like it a lot; there are lots of very knowledgeable people around here..

I have a question about my current training schedule; I live in Europe and as probably everyone knows we don`t have the best weather right:) I am riding elite and doing lots of L2/3 Work at the moment.
to get in enough hours on the bike I split my workouts most days. Meaning I will do a trainer session of about 1-2h where I include my L3 Intervals (some L4) and in the afternoon I am riding on the road for 3-5h which gives my about 5-7h riding 5days a week.
Does this training have a significantly other effect on my aerobic system than doing 6/7h straight riding?

I thank you all for your comments in advance

core

DUDE:cool: thats like totally 30 hours a week...sweet. By elite what do you mean-professional??? I tend to do similar things with my training. I will ride hard in the morning before school and then Long slow distance stuff in the arvo. All I say is to stay fresh if you want to compete in training races or intervals in the afternoon. You need to be rested when you intend to ride your maximium efforts...If I ride 50km's hard in the morning I can ride 100 at night but only at a steady pace, whack me in a 30km all out race and I will struggle to work turns or be competitive.

I think splitting up your workouts is a great idea especially if you are riding that distance its probably wise to have some recovery time in the middle.

By the way I am just a 15yo kid riding 450km's a week:p ...I want to ride more but apparently thats not a wise move for my age:( .