Spokane Ride

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Notaknob, Aug 18, 2003.

  1. Notaknob

    Notaknob Guest

    Well, I'm here. FRA-to-GEG, via PHL.

    Bought a new helmet. Bought a new bike at Wheelsport in the valley. I am now bike rich, cash poor.

    The fork isn't exactly what I wanted (Manitou Skarab) but the rest of the components are spot on. I
    ended up getting the Specialized Epic, swapping out a few components. Typical -
    commercial-off-the-shelf stuff.

    Now I'm looking for someone to ride with and show me the Spokane goods.

    RR to follow.

    nk

    Tags:

  2. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    > Well, I'm here. FRA-to-GEG, via PHL.
    >
    > Bought a new helmet. Bought a new bike at Wheelsport in the valley. I am now bike rich, cash poor.
    >
    > The fork isn't exactly what I wanted (Manitou Skarab) but the rest of the components are spot on.
    > I ended up getting the Specialized Epic, swapping out a few components. Typical -
    > commercial-off-the-shelf stuff.

    Awww, that's unfortunate. Specialized pulled a mid-year swap-out of the Skarab forks from their bike
    line to replace them with Fox Floats. Sounds like your dealer didn't upgrade the fork on your bike
    before you bought it. Sorry to hear that you got ripped off, dude.

    -John Morgan

  3. Destroy

    Destroy Guest

    > Awww, that's unfortunate. Specialized pulled a mid-year swap-out of the Skarab forks from their
    > bike line to replace them with Fox Floats.

    This is indeed a very annoying 'feature' that bike manufactures pull. I find it a poor business
    practice. Update or change a product for the next year is great but changing in mid season is
    dirty pool.

  4. Notaknob

    Notaknob Guest

    "John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > The fork isn't exactly what I wanted (Manitou Skarab) but the rest of the components are spot
    > > on. I ended up getting the Specialized Epic, swapping out a few components. Typical -
    > > commercial-off-the-shelf stuff.
    >
    > Awww, that's unfortunate. Specialized pulled a mid-year swap-out of the Skarab forks from their
    > bike line to replace them with Fox Floats. Sounds like your dealer didn't upgrade the fork on your
    > bike before you bought it. Sorry to hear that you got ripped off, dude.

    I think that's the Epic Disc that has the Fox. Specialized's site still lists the Skareb on the
    Epic. Did they change over the entire line? But I'm sure the Epic's gotta be better than a Duke.

    nk

  5. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    > I think that's the Epic Disc that has the Fox. Specialized's site still lists the Skareb on the
    > Epic. Did they change over the entire line? But I'm sure the Epic's gotta be better than a Duke.
    >
    > nk

    A couple weeks ago, Specialized sent us a bunch of Fox Forx to install on the base model Epics...
    and we sent the Skarab forks back. Also traded out the Skarabs on the Stumpjumper line for
    Rockshox Duke.

    -John Morgan