Spoke wrench for Mavic wheels

Javier

Guest
WOuld anyone happen to know what size spoke wrench I would need to
true a set of Mavic Cosmos Wheels as well as a set of Bontrager Race
wheels? I'm trying to build a tool set for my bikes.

Javier

On Aug 4, 8:35 am, Javier <[email protected]> wrote:
> WOuld anyone happen to know what size spoke wrench I would need to
> true a set of Mavic Cosmos Wheels as well as a set of Bontrager Race
> wheels? I'm trying to build a tool set for my bikes.
>
> Javier

Cosmos are just a normal spoke wrench, like the Pedros or Park black
one. If the Bontrager are hidden nipps, then a 3/16 nipple driver, a
thin walled one is available from Trek/Bontrager, where I got mine.

"Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> On Aug 4, 8:35 am, Javier <[email protected]> wrote:
>> WOuld anyone happen to know what size spoke wrench I would need to
>> true a set of Mavic Cosmos Wheels as well as a set of Bontrager Race
>> wheels? I'm trying to build a tool set for my bikes.
>>
>> Javier

> Cosmos are just a normal spoke wrench, like the Pedros or Park black
> one. If the Bontrager are hidden nipps, then a 3/16 nipple driver, a
> thin walled one is available from Trek/Bontrager, where I got mine.

On the same subject, are the FSA hidden hex nipple heads 5.5mm? I'm looking
at a nice FSA driver, but want to make sure it'll fit on my Cosmic Carbone
and Reynolds hidden nipple wheels. FSA just says it fits "their nipples",
not what that size actually is.

On Aug 4, 12:27 pm, "John Verheul" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com" <[email protected]> wrote in
> messagenews:[email protected]...
>
> > On Aug 4, 8:35 am, Javier <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> WOuld anyone happen to know what size spoke wrench I would need to
> >> true a set of Mavic Cosmos Wheels as well as a set of Bontrager Race
> >> wheels? I'm trying to build a tool set for my bikes.

> >> Javier

> > Cosmos are just a normal spoke wrench, like the Pedros or Park black
> > one. If the Bontrager are hidden nipps, then a 3/16 nipple driver, a
> > thin walled one is available from Trek/Bontrager, where I got mine.

> On the same subject, are the FSA hidden hex nipple heads 5.5mm? I'm looking
> at a nice FSA driver, but want to make sure it'll fit on my Cosmic Carbone
> and Reynolds hidden nipple wheels. FSA just says it fits "their nipples",
> not what that size actually is.

you can email them and inquire- I did when inquiring about their bb
tool which I thought was unique- the response indicated that while
theirs was a very nice tool, it was equivalent to a park model which I
could get at my lbs-

On Aug 4, 8:04 pm, Andy Froncioni <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On the same subject, are the FSA hidden hex nipple heads 5.5mm? I'm looking
> > at a nice FSA driver, but want to make sure it'll fit on my Cosmic Carbone
> > and Reynolds hidden nipple wheels. FSA just says it fits "their nipples",
> > not what that size actually is.

> http://jensonusa.com/store/product/TL308F01-Reynolds+Pro+Spoke+Wrench...

Sorry for replying to my own post, but here is the company that makes
the "official" Reynolds nipple driver -- it's a #4 spoke tool:

http://www.superbiketool.com/prod.asp?cat=10