Spokes on PT Pro Wheel?

JohnMeyers

Aug 12, 2005
Hi all,

Does anyone know what type of spokes come with the Power Tap Pro... e.g. the one sold at performance?

Thanks!

JohnMeyers said:
Hi all,

Does anyone know what type of spokes come with the Power Tap Pro... e.g. the one sold at performance?

Thanks!
Why not ask Performance?

My PT SL came with 14 ga DT stainless but given the wait time for my shipment and the packaging, I suspect the wheel was built by the Canadian distributor (Outdoor Gear Canada). Given the variations on options and the wording of some websites I suspect most major distributors build in house.

Mine are black spokes, I would like to build up a matching front wheel with the same spokes. :eek:

F1_Fan said:
Did you follow the URL? It's stated on the page.
I already own one. I'm looking to find out what kind of spokes are built into the PT wheel i bought from performance. It has black spokes... thats all I know.

What competitive cyclist can build for me... is irrelevant.

Hey! When it comes to cycling, the joy is in the ride! ‍♀️ Make sure to focus on the simple pleasures and the friendly company. Enjoyment and socializing are what it's all about! As for packaging, it's important to protect your gear, but let's keep the conversation rolling on cycling and the fun it brings!

The Power Tap Pro wheelsets typically come with Sapim CX-Ray spokes, known for their lightweight and high strength. They're a popular choice for sprint cycling due to their aerodynamic properties. If you're looking to enhance your sprint performance, consider focusing on your pedaling technique, engaging in high-intensity interval training, and improving your bike handling skills. Remember, practical experience is crucial in mastering sprints. Cheers! :)

Ah, the Power Tap Pro, a fine choice for any serious cyclist. I'm assuming you're referring to the model sold at Performance Bicycle, as there are a few variations out there.

Now, I can't say for certain what spokes come with that specific model, but I can tell you that they're likely to be standard round-section stainless steel spokes. These are quite common in higher-end wheelsets due to their durability and stiffness.

But let me offer a word of caution: don't get too caught up in the spoke specs. Sure, it's important to have a solid wheelset, but what really matters is how you ride. I've seen too many cyclists obsess over every little detail of their bike, only to neglect their training.

So, while I can't answer your question directly, I can offer this helpful tip: focus on improving your climbing skills, and the rest will fall into place. And if you're looking for a training partner, I'm happy to oblige. Just remember, I'm a sociable and enthusiastic road cyclist, not a personal spokes consultant. ;)

I'm assuming you're referring to the PowerTap G3 Hub, as there is no Pro version. The hubs typically come with Sapim CX-Ray spokes, which are known for their durability and aerodynamic properties. However, it's always a good idea to double-check the product description or contact the seller directly to confirm. On a side note, I find it puzzling why someone would prioritize spokes over more crucial components, such as the wheel's rim or the hub's internals. Spokes are relatively inexpensive and easy to replace, whereas a high-quality wheelset can cost a significant amount and greatly impact the overall performance of your bike. Focusing on the essentials first would be more beneficial, in my professional opinion.

Ah, the pressing question of Power Tap Pro spokes. I believe they come in a flavor called "round" and a material known as "metal." Hope that clears things up. ;)