spokes puncturing thr tube

Sinnert

Guest
Does anyone know why my spokes are protruding inside the rim and puncturing my tube? I have the tape
and the rubber strip between the rim and the tube. I know I must have tightened the spokes too much
when I trued the wheel, but is there any way to prevent this?

In article <[email protected]>, sinnerT <[email protected]> wrote:
>Does anyone know why my spokes are protruding inside the rim and puncturing my tube? I have the
>tape and the rubber strip between the rim and the tube. I know I must have tightened the spokes too
>much when I trued the wheel, but is there any way to prevent this?

If the spoke ends are protruding too far then the spokes are too long. Depending on the design of
the rim you may be able to shorten them with a grinder.

rennis-<< Does anyone know why my spokes are protruding inside the rim and puncturing my tube? I
have the tape and the rubber strip between the rim and the tube.

Spokes too long...

Take a fine file and file off the protrusion. The tape will only delay it's penetration
into the tube.

Forgot to add; if there are a lot of spokes protruding, then whoever built the wheel wasn't very
good. He (she?) obviously didn't select the correct length. Which might say something about the
quality of the build.

You might want to look into a rebuild. With the correct length spokes.