Spokes to the wrong side of the rim

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Brent Olson, Mar 27, 2003.

  1. Brent Olson

    Brent Olson Guest

    After reading the "Reversed spokes ok?" thread, I thought I'd ask my question. After just building
    my first wheel ever (rear, chorus hub, Ritchey Aero OCR, 14 guage spokes, and brass nipples, 32
    hole) and following Sheldon's instructions, I got the wheel all built up, tensioned as high as I
    dare turn the nipples, and pretty round even. I went for a 50 mile ride and it stayed true.

    However, I have now realized that my key spoke should have gone two spokes away from the valve hole,
    instead of one. What this means is that spokes coming from the casette side are going into holes in
    the rim that are drilled to accept them from the non-cassette side. I'm a little more dished than
    what it would be if I had them laced to the right place on the rim.

    Should I rip the wheel apart and re-do it? If so, can I re-use the spokes or should I just buy new.

    Tags:

  2. Han

    Han Guest

    [email protected] (Brent Olson) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > Should I rip the wheel apart and re-do it?

    I should, if I were you. Is is fun to do and practice makes perfect.

    > If so, can I re-use the spokes

    Yes, you can.