Sponorship for a new high school

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Matt And Helen, Jun 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My name is Matt and I am a Cat 4 road racer in New Jersey. My wife is the Director of Curriculum for
    a local school district and she approached me with an idea she and a few people had. Her district is
    in the process of building its first ever high school, slated for opening September 2005. The high
    school will have approximately 1,000 kids.

The administration would like to start teaching bicycling in gym class, they are going to have
    approximately one to two miles of paved trails around the school. She would like to incorporate
    heart rate training, physics (with aerodynamics, drag, etc..), nutrition, and good overall cycling
    knowledge.

The district does not have the money to spend on heart rate monitor, bicycles and helmets, so my
    wife asked me to see if there are any companies, programs, etc, that would either donate or help
    fund this endeavor.

I was thinking about going directly to the bike companies, Mavic and polar but thought I would see
    if anyone here had any suggestions. If anyone does you can post here or email me direct. Thanks alot
    for the consideration.

Matt Payne

Tags:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.