spontaneous marinade ideas?

J

Jlove98905

I'd like to whip together a marinade for a rib eye steak I'm hoping to eat for dinner. I don't
have any traditional marinades, but I've got some household basics lying around (soy sauce,
garlic, ginger, lemons and limes, etc). Anyone have an idea for something I can whip up with
what's lying around in my kitchen? Thanks in advance, Jen Half the people you know are below
average. -Steven Wright

JLove98905 wrote:
> I'd like to whip together a marinade for a rib eye steak I'm hoping to eat for dinner. I don't
> have any traditional marinades, but I've got some household basics lying around (soy sauce,
> garlic, ginger, lemons and limes, etc). Anyone have an idea for something I can whip up with
> what's lying around in my kitchen? Thanks in advance, Jen Half the people you know are below
> average. -Steven Wright

That sounds like a great marinade right there. Since I don't measure for marinades, I can't help
with the amounts.

BOB

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (JLove98905) wrote:

> I'd like to whip together a marinade for a rib eye steak I'm hoping to eat for dinner. I don't
> have any traditional marinades, but I've got some household basics lying around (soy sauce,
> garlic, ginger, lemons and limes, etc). Anyone have an idea for something I can whip up with
> what's lying around in my kitchen? Thanks in advance, Jen Half the people you know are below

Some soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and a little oil. Maybe some water to cut the saltiness of the ss.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> A good friend will come and bail you out of jail; a true friend will
be sitting next to you saying, "Damn,that was fun!"

[email protected] (JLove98905) deliciously posted in
news:[email protected]:

>
>

You've got what you need. Use the soy, garlic and ginger and add some oil. Marinate. Also I've used
bottled Italian dressing if I'm in a pinch.

Michael

BOB wrote:
>
> JLove98905 wrote:
> > I'd like to whip together a marinade for a rib eye steak I'm hoping to eat for dinner. I don't
> > have any traditional marinades, but I've got some household basics lying around (soy sauce,
> > garlic, ginger, lemons and limes, etc). Anyone have an idea for something I can whip up with
> > what's lying around in my kitchen? Thanks in advance, Jen Half the people you know are below
> > average. -Steven Wright
>
> That sounds like a great marinade right there.

That's what I was thinking, you've got the citrus and the salt, I suppose I would choose the lime
over the lemon, but who knows.

Throw in a bit of brown sugar and some minced garlic and you're good to go.

nancy

>(JLove98905)
>
>I'd like to whip together a marinade for a rib eye steak.

Only an utter moron would choose ribeye for marinating.

---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =--- ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =--- Sheldon
```````````` "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."

I'd just sprinkle the ribeye with some garlic salt and throw it on the grill....

NancyJaye

"JLove98905" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040125181328.18883.00000829@mb-
m28.aol.com...
> I'd like to whip together a marinade for a rib eye steak I'm hoping to eat
for
> dinner. I don't have any traditional marinades, but I've got some
household
> basics lying around (soy sauce, garlic, ginger, lemons and limes, etc).
Anyone
> have an idea for something I can whip up with what's lying around in my kitchen? Thanks in
> advance, Jen Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright

[email protected] (JLove98905) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> garlic, ginger, lemons and limes, etc

Just add a little oil and you're set. I don't use soy, though - too salty.

-L.

Soy sauce and garlic alone make a fantastic marinade for any kind of beef.

JLove98905 wrote:

>I'd like to whip together a marinade for a rib eye steak I'm hoping to eat for dinner. I don't
>have any traditional marinades, but I've got some household basics lying around (soy sauce,
>garlic, ginger, lemons and limes, etc). Anyone have an idea for something I can whip up with
>what's lying around in my kitchen? Thanks in advance, Jen Half the people you know are below
>average. -Steven Wright
>
>

The Renegade Chef wrote:

> Soy sauce and garlic alone make a fantastic marinade for any kind of beef.

Even better with some fresh ginger root as well

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 16:31:58 -0500, Dave Smith
<[email protected]> wrote:

>
>The Renegade Chef wrote:
>
>> Soy sauce and garlic alone make a fantastic marinade for any kind of beef.
>
>Even better with some fresh ginger root as well
>
a little sugar wouldn't hurt, either.

your pal, blake