spontaneous marinade ideas?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Jlove98905, Jan 25, 2004.

  1. Jlove98905

    Jlove98905 Guest

    I'd like to whip together a marinade for a rib eye steak I'm hoping to eat for dinner. I don't
    have any traditional marinades, but I've got some household basics lying around (soy sauce,
    garlic, ginger, lemons and limes, etc). Anyone have an idea for something I can whip up with
    what's lying around in my kitchen? Thanks in advance, Jen Half the people you know are below
    average. -Steven Wright

    Tags:

  2. Bob

    Bob Guest

    JLove98905 wrote:
    > I'd like to whip together a marinade for a rib eye steak I'm hoping to eat for dinner. I don't
    > have any traditional marinades, but I've got some household basics lying around (soy sauce,
    > garlic, ginger, lemons and limes, etc). Anyone have an idea for something I can whip up with
    > what's lying around in my kitchen? Thanks in advance, Jen Half the people you know are below
    > average. -Steven Wright

    That sounds like a great marinade right there. Since I don't measure for marinades, I can't help
    with the amounts.

    BOB

  3. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (JLove98905) wrote:

    > I'd like to whip together a marinade for a rib eye steak I'm hoping to eat for dinner. I don't
    > have any traditional marinades, but I've got some household basics lying around (soy sauce,
    > garlic, ginger, lemons and limes, etc). Anyone have an idea for something I can whip up with
    > what's lying around in my kitchen? Thanks in advance, Jen Half the people you know are below
    > average. -Steven Wright

    Some soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and a little oil. Maybe some water to cut the saltiness of the ss.
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> A good friend will come and bail you out of jail; a true friend will
    be sitting next to you saying, "Damn,that was fun!"

  4. Dog3

    Dog3 Guest

    [email protected] (JLove98905) deliciously posted in
    news:[email protected]:

    > I'd like to whip together a marinade for a rib eye steak I'm hoping to eat for dinner. I don't
    > have any traditional marinades, but I've got some household basics lying around (soy sauce,
    > garlic, ginger, lemons and limes, etc). Anyone have an idea for something I can whip up with
    > what's lying around in my kitchen? Thanks in advance, Jen Half the people you know are below
    > average. -Steven Wright

    You've got what you need. Use the soy, garlic and ginger and add some oil. Marinate. Also I've used
    bottled Italian dressing if I'm in a pinch.

    Michael

  5. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    BOB wrote:

    > JLove98905 wrote:
    > > I'd like to whip together a marinade for a rib eye steak I'm hoping to eat for dinner. I don't
    > > have any traditional marinades, but I've got some household basics lying around (soy sauce,
    > > garlic, ginger, lemons and limes, etc). Anyone have an idea for something I can whip up with
    > > what's lying around in my kitchen? Thanks in advance, Jen Half the people you know are below
    > > average. -Steven Wright
    >
    > That sounds like a great marinade right there.

    That's what I was thinking, you've got the citrus and the salt, I suppose I would choose the lime
    over the lemon, but who knows.

    Throw in a bit of brown sugar and some minced garlic and you're good to go.

    nancy

  6. Penmart01

    Penmart01 Guest

    >(JLove98905)
    >
    >I'd like to whip together a marinade for a rib eye steak.

    Only an utter moron would choose ribeye for marinating.

  7. Nancyjaye

    Nancyjaye Guest

    I'd just sprinkle the ribeye with some garlic salt and throw it on the grill....

    NancyJaye

    "JLove98905" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    m28.aol.com...
    > I'd like to whip together a marinade for a rib eye steak I'm hoping to eat
    for
    > dinner. I don't have any traditional marinades, but I've got some
    household
    > basics lying around (soy sauce, garlic, ginger, lemons and limes, etc).
    Anyone
    > have an idea for something I can whip up with what's lying around in my kitchen? Thanks in
    > advance, Jen Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright

  8. -L.

    -L. Guest

    [email protected] (JLove98905) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I'd like to whip together a marinade for a rib eye steak I'm hoping to eat for dinner. I don't
    > have any traditional marinades, but I've got some household basics lying around (soy sauce,
    > garlic, ginger, lemons and limes, etc

    Just add a little oil and you're set. I don't use soy, though - too salty.

    -L.

  9. Soy sauce and garlic alone make a fantastic marinade for any kind of beef.

    JLove98905 wrote:

    >I'd like to whip together a marinade for a rib eye steak I'm hoping to eat for dinner. I don't
    >have any traditional marinades, but I've got some household basics lying around (soy sauce,
    >garlic, ginger, lemons and limes, etc). Anyone have an idea for something I can whip up with
    >what's lying around in my kitchen? Thanks in advance, Jen Half the people you know are below
    >average. -Steven Wright

  10. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    The Renegade Chef wrote:

    > Soy sauce and garlic alone make a fantastic marinade for any kind of beef.

    Even better with some fresh ginger root as well

  11. In article <[email protected]>,
    Dave Smith <[email protected]> wrote:

    >The Renegade Chef wrote:
    >
    >> Soy sauce and garlic alone make a fantastic marinade for any kind of beef.
    >
    >Even better with some fresh ginger root as well

    Add a little OJ and lemon juice in there too.

    --
    Deepak Saxena - [email protected]

  12. Blake Murphy

    Blake Murphy Guest

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 16:31:58 -0500, Dave Smith
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >The Renegade Chef wrote:
    >
    >> Soy sauce and garlic alone make a fantastic marinade for any kind of beef.
    >
    >Even better with some fresh ginger root as well

    a little sugar wouldn't hurt, either.

    your pal, blake