Sports minister slams sir bradley wiggins and team sky for lost faith in cycling

Should Therapeutic Use Exemptions be banned?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
Sports Minister slams Sir Bradley Wiggins and Team Sky for lost faith in cycling

Fans have lost faith in cycling after the controversies surrounding Team Sky and Sir Bradley Wiggins, according to the Minister for Sport.

Tracey Crouch believes public trust has been eroded and called on the World Anti-Doping Agency to launch a review into Therapeutic Use Exemptions.

Wiggins was granted a TUE — a document that allows an athlete to take banned substances for medical requirement — for the use of the corticosteroid triamcinolone before the 2011 and 2012 Tours de France, as well as the Giro d'Italia in 2013.

Wiggins argued the drug was needed to treat asthma and allergy symptoms. He has always denied an abuse of the system.

The subsequent 'jiffy bag' scandal culminated in Team Sky being hauled before the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport select committee and remains central to a UK Anti-Doping investigation.

Full article can be found here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/br...inister-slams-Wiggins-lost-faith-cycling.html

Reactions: limerickman
I think the entire SKY narrative be it Wiggins, marginal gains, Froome, beggars belief.

Every press soundbite from Brailsford appears to never be the complete truth. Does that mean that SKY cheat? Quite frankly because I don't know, or I fail to be reassured by SKY's insistence, I remain highly sceptical.

Reactions: steve
It certainly is going from bad to worse for SKY.
It will be interesting to see what, if any, fall out arises from this.