Sportswarehouse - Edinburgh

Brian

Guest
I dont suppose anyone knows if Sportswarehouse in Edinburgh
is an actual retail shop? Or is it mail order only.

I see in their webpage that they stock size 13 Hitec
footloose boots (I'm looking for a cheap pair of cheap and
cheerfull fabric boots and it looks these will fit the
bill). I am planning on going into Edinburgh tomorrow, so if
sportsware house has an actual retail shop then I'll
purchase there.

Any other suggestions?

--
Brian

They used to have the store at Coburg St and I see their
website gives the same address so I assume it is still open.
follow the signs for the Britannia at Leith and Coburg St is
straight over the traffic lights at the end of Queensferry
Road ( not too sure if that is the correct street name as I
am having a mental block at the moment.), I am sure somebody
else will confirm. Tiso's main Edinburgh store at Leith is
just round the corner so may be worth a look as well.

Good Luck

--
Cheers
Graham

284/284 89/219

Return email ~ REMOVE to reply
"Brian" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I dont suppose anyone knows if Sportswarehouse in Edinburgh is an
actual
> retail shop? Or is it mail order only.
>
> I see in their webpage that they stock size 13 Hitec footloose boots
(I'm
> looking for a cheap pair of cheap and cheerfull fabric boots and it
looks
> these will fit the bill). I am planning on going into Edinburgh
tomorrow,
> so if sportsware house has an actual retail shop then I'll purchase
there.

> Any other suggestions?
>
> --
> Brian

"Graham Ingram" <[email protected]> wrote in news:40968484_
[email protected]:

> They used to have the store at Coburg St and I see their
> website gives the same address so I assume it is still
> open. follow the signs for the Britannia at Leith and
> Coburg St is straight over the traffic lights at the end
> of Queensferry Road ( not too sure if that is the correct
> street name as I am having a mental block at the moment.),
> I am sure somebody else will confirm. Tiso's main
> Edinburgh store at Leith is just round the corner so may
> be worth a look as well.
>
> Good Luck
>
> --
> Cheers Graham

Ahh, I forgot about the large Tiso store down in Leith.

thanks for the reply.

--
Brian

Not Queensferry Road - just Ferry Road.

"Graham Ingram" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> They used to have the store at Coburg St and I see their
> website gives the same address so I assume it is still
> open. follow the signs for the Britannia at Leith and
> Coburg St is straight over the traffic lights at the end
> of Queensferry Road ( not too sure if that is the correct
> street name as I am having a mental block at the moment.),
> I am sure somebody else will confirm. Tiso's main
> Edinburgh store at Leith is just round the corner so may
> be worth a look as well.
>
> Good Luck
>
> --
> Cheers Graham
>
> 284/284 89/219
>
> Return email ~ REMOVE to reply "Brian"
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I dont suppose anyone knows if Sportswarehouse in
> > Edinburgh is an
> actual
> > retail shop? Or is it mail order only.
> >
> > I see in their webpage that they stock size 13 Hitec
> > footloose boots
> (I'm
> > looking for a cheap pair of cheap and cheerfull fabric
> > boots and it
> looks
> > these will fit the bill). I am planning on going into
> > Edinburgh
> tomorrow,
> > so if sportsware house has an actual retail shop then
> > I'll purchase
> there.
> >
> > Any other suggestions?
> >
> > --
> > Brian

"Graham Ingram" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> They used to have the store at Coburg St and I see their
> website gives the same address so I assume it is still
> open. follow the signs for the Britannia at Leith and
> Coburg St is straight over the traffic lights at the end
> of Queensferry Road ( not too sure if that is the correct
> street name as I am having a mental block at the moment.),
> I am sure somebody else will confirm. Tiso's main
> Edinburgh store at Leith is just round the corner so may
> be worth a look as well.

Is that Coburn Street (next to Waverley) you mean? I'm not
that well versed with Edinburgh but I don't recall a
Coburg Street.

KRO

"Jiffy" <[email protected]> wrote in news:1083656006.61152.0
@demeter.uk.clara.net:

>> I dont suppose anyone knows if Sportswarehouse in
>> Edinburgh is an actual retail shop? Or is it mail
>> order only.
>
> It does exist. I purchased a tent from their store.
>
> Cheers, Jiffy

Well, went there, they didn't have the boots in size 13.

the Big Tiso shop only had Hi-tec boots with waterproof
membrane - which I didn't want.

Tramped up Leith Walk into Leith Army stores, they had nice
Highlander "Bergen Walking Boots" but were out of stock of
Size 13 - the shop owner phoned their sister shop Newington
Army Stores who had the boots in stock, so a tramp up The
Bridges resulted in a nice pair of lightweight non
waterproof membrane, boots - £34.99

http://www.highlander1.com/Clothing/Footwear/BERGENWALKING-
BOOTS.html

Coudn't find anywhere selling Montane Featherlite Smocks or
Bufallo windshirts - think I'll save money and stick to my
Keela fleece with waterproof lining + a cheap "kag in a bag"
type thing for a windproof layer if needed.

Nearly bought a Mini Trangia, but I didn't think the pan
support / windshield looked too stable.

Main thing is I have nice new Summer walking boots!

:-D

--
Brian

"KRO" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Graham Ingram" <[email protected]> wrote
> in message news:40968484_1@mk-nntp-
> 2.news.uk.tiscali.com...
> > They used to have the store at Coburg St and I see their
> > website gives the same address so I assume it is still
> > open. follow the signs for the Britannia at Leith and
> > Coburg St is straight over the traffic lights at the end
> > of Queensferry Road ( not too sure if that is the
> > correct street name as I am having a mental block at the
> > moment.), I am sure somebody else will confirm. Tiso's
> > main Edinburgh store at Leith is just round the corner
> > so may be worth a look as well.
>
> Is that Coburn Street (next to Waverley) you mean? I'm not
> that well versed with Edinburgh but I don't recall a
> Coburg Street.
>
> KRO

Nope - Coburg Street. Famous for being the "safe zone" for
prostitutes in Leith (ahem - apparently).

druidh

Brian wrote:
> "Jiffy" <[email protected]> wrote in news:1083656006.61152.0
> @demeter.uk.clara.net: Nearly bought a Mini Trangia,
> but I didn't think the pan support / windshield looked
> too stable.
>
> Main thing is I have nice new Summer walking boots!
>
> :-D

If it is a small compact Trangia you are looking for have a
look here, half way down page.

http://www.strikeforcesupplies.co.uk/stock.php?page=14

My mate George got one to replace his original and he
says it is the best he has had, and it uses less fuel and
cooks quicker.

--
Don`t Worry, Be Happy

Sandy
--

E-Mail:- [email protected] Website:-
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk IRC:- Sandyb in #rabble

"druidh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "KRO" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Graham Ingram" <[email protected]>
> > wrote in message news:40968484_1@mk-nntp-
> > 2.news.uk.tiscali.com...
> > > They used to have the store at Coburg St and I see
> > > their website gives the same address so I assume it is
> > > still open. follow the signs for the Britannia at
> > > Leith and Coburg St is straight over the traffic
> > > lights at the end of Queensferry Road ( not too sure
> > > if that is the correct street name as I am having a
> > > mental block at the moment.), I am sure somebody else
> > > will confirm. Tiso's main Edinburgh store at Leith is
> > > just round the corner so may be worth a look as well.
> >
> > Is that Coburn Street (next to Waverley) you mean? I'm
> > not that well versed with Edinburgh but I don't recall a
> > Coburg Street.
> >
> > KRO
> >
> Nope - Coburg Street. Famous for being the "safe zone" for
> prostitutes in Leith (ahem - apparently).
>
> druidh

Okay I'll stand corrected!

KRO