Sportswarehouse - Edinburgh

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Brian, May 4, 2004.

  1. Brian

    Brian Guest

    I dont suppose anyone knows if Sportswarehouse in Edinburgh
    is an actual retail shop? Or is it mail order only.

    I see in their webpage that they stock size 13 Hitec
    footloose boots (I'm looking for a cheap pair of cheap and
    cheerfull fabric boots and it looks these will fit the
    bill). I am planning on going into Edinburgh tomorrow, so if
    sportsware house has an actual retail shop then I'll
    purchase there.

    Any other suggestions?

    --
    Brian

    Tags:

  2. They used to have the store at Coburg St and I see their
    website gives the same address so I assume it is still open.
    follow the signs for the Britannia at Leith and Coburg St is
    straight over the traffic lights at the end of Queensferry
    Road ( not too sure if that is the correct street name as I
    am having a mental block at the moment.), I am sure somebody
    else will confirm. Tiso's main Edinburgh store at Leith is
    just round the corner so may be worth a look as well.

    Good Luck

    --
    Cheers
    Graham

    284/284 89/219

    Return email ~ REMOVE to reply
    "Brian" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I dont suppose anyone knows if Sportswarehouse in Edinburgh is an
    actual
    > retail shop? Or is it mail order only.
    >
    > I see in their webpage that they stock size 13 Hitec footloose boots
    (I'm
    > looking for a cheap pair of cheap and cheerfull fabric boots and it
    looks
    > these will fit the bill). I am planning on going into Edinburgh
    tomorrow,
    > so if sportsware house has an actual retail shop then I'll purchase
    there.

    > Any other suggestions?
    >
    > --
    > Brian

  3. Brian

    Brian Guest

    "Graham Ingram" <[email protected]> wrote in news:40968484_
    [email protected]:

    > They used to have the store at Coburg St and I see their
    > website gives the same address so I assume it is still
    > open. follow the signs for the Britannia at Leith and
    > Coburg St is straight over the traffic lights at the end
    > of Queensferry Road ( not too sure if that is the correct
    > street name as I am having a mental block at the moment.),
    > I am sure somebody else will confirm. Tiso's main
    > Edinburgh store at Leith is just round the corner so may
    > be worth a look as well.
    >
    > Good Luck
    >
    > --
    > Cheers Graham

    Ahh, I forgot about the large Tiso store down in Leith.

    thanks for the reply.

    --
    Brian

  4. Druidh

    Druidh Guest

    Not Queensferry Road - just Ferry Road.

    "Graham Ingram" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...
    > They used to have the store at Coburg St and I see their
    > website gives the same address so I assume it is still
    > open. follow the signs for the Britannia at Leith and
    > Coburg St is straight over the traffic lights at the end
    > of Queensferry Road ( not too sure if that is the correct
    > street name as I am having a mental block at the moment.),
    > I am sure somebody else will confirm. Tiso's main
    > Edinburgh store at Leith is just round the corner so may
    > be worth a look as well.
    >
    > Good Luck
    >
    > --
    > Cheers Graham
    >
    > 284/284 89/219
    >
    > Return email ~ REMOVE to reply "Brian"
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I dont suppose anyone knows if Sportswarehouse in
    > > Edinburgh is an
    > actual
    > > retail shop? Or is it mail order only.
    > >
    > > I see in their webpage that they stock size 13 Hitec
    > > footloose boots
    > (I'm
    > > looking for a cheap pair of cheap and cheerfull fabric
    > > boots and it
    > looks
    > > these will fit the bill). I am planning on going into
    > > Edinburgh
    > tomorrow,
    > > so if sportsware house has an actual retail shop then
    > > I'll purchase
    > there.
    > >
    > > Any other suggestions?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Brian

  5. Kro

    Kro Guest

    "Graham Ingram" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > They used to have the store at Coburg St and I see their
    > website gives the same address so I assume it is still
    > open. follow the signs for the Britannia at Leith and
    > Coburg St is straight over the traffic lights at the end
    > of Queensferry Road ( not too sure if that is the correct
    > street name as I am having a mental block at the moment.),
    > I am sure somebody else will confirm. Tiso's main
    > Edinburgh store at Leith is just round the corner so may
    > be worth a look as well.

    Is that Coburn Street (next to Waverley) you mean? I'm not
    that well versed with Edinburgh but I don't recall a
    Coburg Street.

    KRO

  6. Brian

    Brian Guest

    "Jiffy" <[email protected]> wrote in news:1083656006.61152.0
    @demeter.uk.clara.net:

    >> I dont suppose anyone knows if Sportswarehouse in
    >> Edinburgh is an actual retail shop? Or is it mail
    >> order only.
    >
    > It does exist. I purchased a tent from their store.
    >
    > Cheers, Jiffy

    Well, went there, they didn't have the boots in size 13.

    the Big Tiso shop only had Hi-tec boots with waterproof
    membrane - which I didn't want.

    Tramped up Leith Walk into Leith Army stores, they had nice
    Highlander "Bergen Walking Boots" but were out of stock of
    Size 13 - the shop owner phoned their sister shop Newington
    Army Stores who had the boots in stock, so a tramp up The
    Bridges resulted in a nice pair of lightweight non
    waterproof membrane, boots - £34.99

    http://www.highlander1.com/Clothing/Footwear/BERGENWALKING-
    BOOTS.html

    Coudn't find anywhere selling Montane Featherlite Smocks or
    Bufallo windshirts - think I'll save money and stick to my
    Keela fleece with waterproof lining + a cheap "kag in a bag"
    type thing for a windproof layer if needed.

    Nearly bought a Mini Trangia, but I didn't think the pan
    support / windshield looked too stable.

    Main thing is I have nice new Summer walking boots!

    :-D

    --
    Brian

  7. Druidh

    Druidh Guest

    "KRO" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Graham Ingram" <[email protected]> wrote
    > in message news:[email protected]
    > 2.news.uk.tiscali.com...
    > > They used to have the store at Coburg St and I see their
    > > website gives the same address so I assume it is still
    > > open. follow the signs for the Britannia at Leith and
    > > Coburg St is straight over the traffic lights at the end
    > > of Queensferry Road ( not too sure if that is the
    > > correct street name as I am having a mental block at the
    > > moment.), I am sure somebody else will confirm. Tiso's
    > > main Edinburgh store at Leith is just round the corner
    > > so may be worth a look as well.
    >
    > Is that Coburn Street (next to Waverley) you mean? I'm not
    > that well versed with Edinburgh but I don't recall a
    > Coburg Street.
    >
    > KRO

    Nope - Coburg Street. Famous for being the "safe zone" for
    prostitutes in Leith (ahem - apparently).

    druidh

  8. Brian wrote:
    > "Jiffy" <[email protected]> wrote in news:1083656006.61152.0
    > @demeter.uk.clara.net: Nearly bought a Mini Trangia,
    > but I didn't think the pan support / windshield looked
    > too stable.
    >
    > Main thing is I have nice new Summer walking boots!
    >
    > :-D

    If it is a small compact Trangia you are looking for have a
    look here, half way down page.

    http://www.strikeforcesupplies.co.uk/stock.php?page=14

    My mate George got one to replace his original and he
    says it is the best he has had, and it uses less fuel and
    cooks quicker.

    --
    Don`t Worry, Be Happy

    Sandy
    --

    E-Mail:- [email protected] Website:-
    http://www.ftscotland.co.uk IRC:- Sandyb in #rabble

  9. Kro

    Kro Guest

    "druidh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "KRO" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Graham Ingram" <[email protected]>
    > > wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > > 2.news.uk.tiscali.com...
    > > > They used to have the store at Coburg St and I see
    > > > their website gives the same address so I assume it is
    > > > still open. follow the signs for the Britannia at
    > > > Leith and Coburg St is straight over the traffic
    > > > lights at the end of Queensferry Road ( not too sure
    > > > if that is the correct street name as I am having a
    > > > mental block at the moment.), I am sure somebody else
    > > > will confirm. Tiso's main Edinburgh store at Leith is
    > > > just round the corner so may be worth a look as well.
    > >
    > > Is that Coburn Street (next to Waverley) you mean? I'm
    > > not that well versed with Edinburgh but I don't recall a
    > > Coburg Street.
    > >
    > > KRO
    > >
    > Nope - Coburg Street. Famous for being the "safe zone" for
    > prostitutes in Leith (ahem - apparently).
    >
    > druidh

    Okay I'll stand corrected!

    KRO