rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

spray painting a trials rim

Started by teachndad · · Last activity · 3 posts · 268 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
24 May 2005
Last activity
24 May 2005
Original author
teachndad
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
268
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Has anyone spray painted a trials rim while it was built up?

    I am considering painting the rim to match an already spray painted
    trials frame. I am not going to pull apart the wheel to paint it, I
    don't have the time.

    I just need to know how long it might last and how badly it might
    chip?

    I don't care if the frame starts chipping away and the rim paint does
    too, it may give it character... or it may just look like...

    --
    teachndad - One for the...Off Road

    Rod Wylie

    Greater Los Angeles Unicycle Roundup - email me for info
    'MountainUnicyclingLA.com' (http://www.mountainunicycling.us)
    'Greater Los Angeles Area Trails - Images'
    (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Greater-Los-Angeles-Trails)
    'Greater Los Angeles Area Trails - Descriptions'
    (http://tinyurl.com/6h8zn)

    -Never mind crank length, tyre sections and spoke lacing, stories like
    this remind us why we ride. - - Mikefule
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    teachndad's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/56
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40656

  2. I dont think it will really chip that much, afterall it doesnt take the
    abuse a frame does when it hits stuff when it falls.

    Go for it, just make sure to take your time masking off the spokes and
    nipples and dont forget to lightly sand the rim.

    --
    Checkernuts - Breakdancer Extraordinar

    No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
    odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
    to do it right. H20

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40656

  3. i powder coated my dx32 for trials when i had it. it worked wonders. i
    now have an arrow racing rim, but the dx32 is still white like i made
    it. try it.

    --
    shadowuni - Crispety, crunchety, peanut-buttery

    "No one is taller than the last man standing"
    My Give-A-Damn's Busted
    "Bullets! My only weakness! How did you know?" - Cop
    (I <3 Coker) "Maybe it means I have less than three cokers" - Klaas
    Bil
    "I think it means I AM less than three cokers" - Daino149
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    shadowuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4806
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40656

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.