Spread the word people!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Marty Pietruszk, Mar 26, 2003.

  1. Bode is asking his countrymen and women to get their collective heads out of their asses and start
    recognizing the talent that the US Ski Team possesses and how wonderful a sport ski racing is. We
    need more coverage here. But, that will never happen because we are set in our ways. Bode, we feel
    your pain man.

    From http://sports.yahoo.com/ski/news?slug=ap-usalpine&prov=ap&type=lgns

    ``It's always disappointing to come back to the U.S. where the knowledge of the sport, the knowledge
    of the top racers and their abilities, isn't known the way it is in Europe,'' Miller said. ``I mean,
    over in Europe, any Joe Schmoe on the street could tell you who all of the top-six, seven guys are.

    ``Not too many here have heard of anyone besides Schlopy and myself.''

    Ahhh, If only I were another March madness, final four following fat head that liked golf... Then
    this wouldn't bother me at all.
    --
    Marty

    Tags:

  2. DOH! Sorry, this was not meant to go to this newsgroup. It was meant for rec.skiing.alpine. I'm
    losing it...
    --
    Marty

    "Marty Pietruszka" <[email protected]_nospam.net> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Bode is asking his countrymen and women to get their collective heads out
    of
    > their asses and start recognizing the talent that the US Ski Team
    possesses
    > and how wonderful a sport ski racing is. We need more coverage here.
    But,
    > that will never happen because we are set in our ways. Bode, we feel your pain man.
    >
    > From http://sports.yahoo.com/ski/news?slug=ap-usalpine&prov=ap&type=lgns
    >
    > ``It's always disappointing to come back to the U.S. where the knowledge
    of
    > the sport, the knowledge of the top racers and their abilities, isn't
    known
    > the way it is in Europe,'' Miller said. ``I mean, over in Europe, any Joe Schmoe on the street
    > could tell you who all of the top-six, seven guys
    are.

    > ``Not too many here have heard of anyone besides Schlopy and myself.''
    >
    > Ahhh, If only I were another March madness, final four following fat head that liked golf... Then
    > this wouldn't bother me at all.
    > --
    > Marty

  3. Gary German

    Gary German Guest

    "Marty Pietruszka" <[email protected]_nospam.net> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > DOH! Sorry, this was not meant to go to this newsgroup. It was meant for rec.skiing.alpine. I'm
    > losing it...
    > --
    > Marty

    That's OK...we feel your pain too.

    > "Marty Pietruszka" <[email protected]_nospam.net> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Bode is asking his countrymen and women to get their collective heads
    out
    > of
    > > their asses and start recognizing the talent that the US Ski Team
    > possesses
    > > and how wonderful a sport ski racing is. We need more coverage here.
    > But,
    > > that will never happen because we are set in our ways. Bode, we feel
    your
    > > pain man.
    > >
    > > From http://sports.yahoo.com/ski/news?slug=ap-usalpine&prov=ap&type=lgns
    > >
    > > ``It's always disappointing to come back to the U.S. where the knowledge
    > of
    > > the sport, the knowledge of the top racers and their abilities, isn't
    > known
    > > the way it is in Europe,'' Miller said. ``I mean, over in Europe, any
    Joe
    > > Schmoe on the street could tell you who all of the top-six, seven guys
    > are.
    > >
    > > ``Not too many here have heard of anyone besides Schlopy and myself.''
    > >
    > > Ahhh, If only I were another March madness, final four following fat
    head
    > > that liked golf... Then this wouldn't bother me at all.
    > > --
    > > Marty

  4. Marty,

    May I feel your pain, too? Is it a big pain? Does it throb? I know of something that I can wrap
    around that pain to help soothe it. Let me know if you would like that.

    Fr. Guido

    "Gary German" <[email protected]_NOSPAMX_.net> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Marty Pietruszka" <[email protected]_nospam.net> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > DOH! Sorry, this was not meant to go to this newsgroup. It was meant for rec.skiing.alpine. I'm
    > > losing it...
    > > --
    > > Marty
    >
    > That's OK...we feel your pain too.

  5. Gary German

    Gary German Guest

    Sorry Father, but I'm probably too old for you.

    Try posting in rec.bicycles.vulnerable.prepubescent.boys

    "Father Guido Sarducci" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Marty,
    >
    > May I feel your pain, too? Is it a big pain? Does it throb? I know of something that I can wrap
    > around that pain to help soothe it. Let me know if you would like that.
    >
    > Fr. Guido
    >
    > "Gary German" <[email protected]_NOSPAMX_.net> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "Marty Pietruszka" <[email protected]_nospam.net> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > DOH! Sorry, this was not meant to go to this newsgroup. It was meant
    for
    > > > rec.skiing.alpine. I'm losing it...
    > > > --
    > > > Marty
    > >
    > > That's OK...we feel your pain too.

  6. Suz

    Suz Guest

    Actually, I thought it was on-topic. Change the names and a few details of the sport, and you could
    be talking about bike-racing.

    More on-topic than a lot of the posts in this ng...

    suz

  7. "Suz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Actually, I thought it was on-topic. Change the names and a few details
    of
    > the sport, and you could be talking about bike-racing.
    >
    > More on-topic than a lot of the posts in this ng...

    Yes, with the exception of LA, and only because of his come back after suffering through cancer,
    this applies equally as well to bicycle racing in the US.

    Thanks.
    --
    Marty

    > "Marty Pietruszka" <[email protected]_nospam.net> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > DOH! Sorry, this was not meant to go to this newsgroup. It was meant
    for
    > > rec.skiing.alpine. I'm losing it...
    > > --
    > > Marty
    > >
    > > "Marty Pietruszka" <[email protected]_nospam.net> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Bode is asking his countrymen and women to get their collective heads
    > out
    > > of
    > > > their asses and start recognizing the talent that the US Ski Team
    > > possesses
    > > > and how wonderful a sport ski racing is. We need more coverage here.
    > > But,
    > > > that will never happen because we are set in our ways. Bode, we feel
    > your
    > > > pain man.
    > > >
    > > > From
    http://sports.yahoo.com/ski/news?slug=ap-usalpine&prov=ap&type=lgns

    > > > ``It's always disappointing to come back to the U.S. where the
    knowledge
    > > of
    > > > the sport, the knowledge of the top racers and their abilities, isn't
    > > known
    > > > the way it is in Europe,'' Miller said. ``I mean, over in Europe, any
    > Joe
    > > > Schmoe on the street could tell you who all of the top-six, seven guys
    > > are.
    > > >
    > > > ``Not too many here have heard of anyone besides Schlopy and myself.''
    > > >
    > > > Ahhh, If only I were another March madness, final four following fat
    > head
    > > > that liked golf... Then this wouldn't bother me at all.
    > > > --
    > > > Marty

  8. My dear sister Suz,

    How right you are, my dear. How right you are! God bless you my child.

    Fr. Guido