Spring in the Rockies ?

aspenmike

Guest
Spring is trying to show its face here in the Rockies. We've had some
really nice days and then some snowy cold days. I was lucky and had my
coker with me the other day when the weather cleared. My son's last
lacrosse game had ended, so I got into my riding gear and headed up to
the higher terrain. The valley floor is greening up rather nicely, but
as I climbed into the higher terrain, the fresh green look disappeared
as the snowline got closer. A nice 20 mile out and back ride on a
secondary road led me to some outstanding views of the alpine where
the snow is still quite deep. The weather was your typical spring
weather, one minute sunny and warm, the next snowing and cold. As I
headed back down to the valley, the sun came out in earnest and the
lighting was incredible. Long shadows, little to no traffic, vibrant
colors and warm sun made the last few miles of spinnin very enjoyable.
Unicyling season is getting closer, looking forward to some great
adventures:) Cheers

|Filename: Crystal River Ranch Coker shot001.JPG |

aspenmike
aspenmike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3768

These are the ones I'm using. 125mm, 150mm, 175mm.

|Filename: Kooka Coker.JPG |

pdc

"What doesn't kill you strengthens you, what kills you strengthens your
mother"
pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

domesticated ape wrote:
> Cheers for another cool ride report.
>
> You are definitely the most colour-coordinated unicyclist I've ever
> seen, everything down to the cranks and sunglass lenses are covered:D

Thanks, thats why they pay me the big bucks to ride! :confused: Those
rose colored lenses were perfect for that ride.

pdc wrote:
> These are the ones I'm using. 125mm, 150mm, 175mm

I read about those in a earlier post, they look clean.

Here is Mt. Sopris, a awesome mountain that shoots 7000' above the
valley floor.

|Filename: Sopris shot001.JPG |

unisteez wrote:
> hooray.
>
> i love living in colorado.
>
> the best ride i have ever been on was from Grand Lake up over the
> continental divide and then down the other side ending in estes park.
> it was a 4 day ride.
>
> i love colorado.

That's the incredible road through Rocky Mtn. National Park! It is a
epic ride.
I rode it on the 36er in 6 hours, but it took me 4 days to recover.

--

aspenmike wrote:
> That's the incredible road through Rocky Mtn. National Park! It is a
> epic ride.
> I rode it on the 36er in 6 hours, but it took me 4 days to recover.

dang, that is crazy fast..

we just took it really slow and had a ton of fun camping and stuff

but now i want to try and see how fast i can ride it this summer.

--
unisteez
unisteez's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11988

Riding anywhere in the American southwest is beautiful but you've
definitely got the very best of it in Colorado:D

I wish I possessed your ability to climb steep grades.

(Mantra: keep practicing, keep practicing, keep practicing...)

--
underdog

'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody
tell you different' - Kurt Vonnegut
underdog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6197