Spring in the Rockies ?

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by aspenmike, Apr 17, 2006.

  1. aspenmike

    aspenmike Guest

    Spring is trying to show its face here in the Rockies. We've had some
    really nice days and then some snowy cold days. I was lucky and had my
    coker with me the other day when the weather cleared. My son's last
    lacrosse game had ended, so I got into my riding gear and headed up to
    the higher terrain. The valley floor is greening up rather nicely, but
    as I climbed into the higher terrain, the fresh green look disappeared
    as the snowline got closer. A nice 20 mile out and back ride on a
    secondary road led me to some outstanding views of the alpine where
    the snow is still quite deep. The weather was your typical spring
    weather, one minute sunny and warm, the next snowing and cold. As I
    headed back down to the valley, the sun came out in earnest and the
    lighting was incredible. Long shadows, little to no traffic, vibrant
    colors and warm sun made the last few miles of spinnin very enjoyable.
    Unicyling season is getting closer, looking forward to some great
    adventures:) Cheers

    |Filename: Crystal River Ranch Coker shot001.JPG |

    aspenmike
    aspenmike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3768

  2. pdc

    pdc Guest

  3. aspenmike

    aspenmike Guest

  4. pdc

    pdc Guest

    These are the ones I'm using. 125mm, 150mm, 175mm.

    |Filename: Kooka Coker.JPG |

    pdc

    "What doesn't kill you strengthens you, what kills you strengthens your
    mother"
    pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

  5. Cheers for another cool ride report.

    You are definitely the most colour-coordinated unicyclist I've ever
    seen, everything down to the cranks and sunglass lenses are covered:D

    --
    domesticated ape

    i like bananas, monkey nuts and grapes
    domesticated ape's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8599

  6. aspenmike

    aspenmike Guest

    domesticated ape wrote:
    > Cheers for another cool ride report.
    >
    > You are definitely the most colour-coordinated unicyclist I've ever
    > seen, everything down to the cranks and sunglass lenses are covered:D

    Thanks, thats why they pay me the big bucks to ride! :confused: Those
    rose colored lenses were perfect for that ride.

    pdc wrote:
    > These are the ones I'm using. 125mm, 150mm, 175mm

    I read about those in a earlier post, they look clean.

    Here is Mt. Sopris, a awesome mountain that shoots 7000' above the
    valley floor.

    |Filename: Sopris shot001.JPG |

    aspenmike
    aspenmike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3768

  7. steveyo

    steveyo Guest

    Mike-

    Awesome pics, as usual!

    pdc wrote:
    > These are the ones I'm using. 125mm, 150mm, 175mm.

    PDC -

    Are those stock cranks or self drilled?

    If stock, what's the model?

    --
    steveyo

    steveyo

    ...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

  8. unisteez

    unisteez Guest

    hooray.

    i love living in colorado.

    the best ride i have ever been on was from Grand Lake up over the
    continental divide and then down the other side ending in estes park.
    it was a 4 day ride.

    i love colorado.

    --
    unisteez
    unisteez's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11988

  9. aspenmike

    aspenmike Guest

    unisteez wrote:
    > hooray.
    >
    > i love living in colorado.
    >
    > the best ride i have ever been on was from Grand Lake up over the
    > continental divide and then down the other side ending in estes park.
    > it was a 4 day ride.
    >
    > i love colorado.

    That's the incredible road through Rocky Mtn. National Park! It is a
    epic ride.
    I rode it on the 36er in 6 hours, but it took me 4 days to recover.

    --
    aspenmike
    aspenmike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3768

  10. unisteez

    unisteez Guest

    aspenmike wrote:
    > That's the incredible road through Rocky Mtn. National Park! It is a
    > epic ride.
    > I rode it on the 36er in 6 hours, but it took me 4 days to recover.

    dang, that is crazy fast..

    we just took it really slow and had a ton of fun camping and stuff

    but now i want to try and see how fast i can ride it this summer.

    --
    unisteez
    unisteez's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11988

  11. underdog

    underdog Guest

    Riding anywhere in the American southwest is beautiful but you've
    definitely got the very best of it in Colorado:D

    I wish I possessed your ability to climb steep grades.

    (Mantra: keep practicing, keep practicing, keep practicing...)

    --
    underdog

    'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody
    tell you different' - Kurt Vonnegut
    underdog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6197