Spring Mountain Rides

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Pete Huber, Apr 11, 2003.

  1. Pete Huber

    Pete Huber Guest

    Anyone planning to ride the Assault on Marion, the Assault on Mt. Mitchell (May 17)
    http://freewheelers.info/descrip.htm

    or the Mountains of Misery (May 26) www.mountainsofmisery.com/2003/index.html.

    Sure would be nice to have some recumbent company.

    Pete Huber Speed Ross Pulaski, VA

    > Anyone planning to ride the Assault on Marion, the Assault on Mt. Mitchell (May 17)
    > http://freewheelers.info/descrip.htm
    >
    > or the Mountains of Misery (May 26) www.mountainsofmisery.com/2003/index.html.
    >
    > Sure would be nice to have some recumbent company.
    >
    > Pete Huber Speed Ross Pulaski, VA

    Is this going to be a re-Pete???

    http://www.clee.org/MoM2002/image025.htm

    I regret that I have other priorities that will keep me in Houston Memorial Day Weekend. I do want
    anoth try at MoM.

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  3. Al Kubeluis

    Al Kubeluis Guest

    Pete, Have you ridden these on a bent? What were your experiences?
    --
    ~~~al.kubeluis..md.usa.earth.sun.milkyway.virgo.universe..corsa~~~

    "Pete Huber" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Anyone planning to ride the Assault on Marion, the Assault on Mt. Mitchell (May 17)
    > http://freewheelers.info/descrip.htm
    >
    > or the Mountains of Misery (May 26) www.mountainsofmisery.com/2003/index.html.
    >
    > Sure would be nice to have some recumbent company.
    >
    > Pete Huber Speed Ross Pulaski, VA

  4. Pete Huber

    Pete Huber Guest

    Al,

    I have riden the Mountains of Misery for the past four years on a Speed Ross recumbent. This will be
    the first year for the Assault on Marion the completion of which is a prerequisite for riding the
    Assault on Mt. Mitchell. My experience is that the MoM is plenty difficult to the point of not
    knowing if I am going to be able to finish until actually crossing the finish line. Scenery is
    beautiful.

    Pete Huber Pulaski, VA

    "Al Kubeluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Pete, Have you ridden these on a bent? What were your experiences?
    > --
    > ~~~al.kubeluis..md.usa.earth.sun.milkyway.virgo.universe..corsa~~~
    >
    > "Pete Huber" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Anyone planning to ride the Assault on Marion, the Assault on Mt.
    Mitchell
    > > (May 17) http://freewheelers.info/descrip.htm
    > >
    > > or the Mountains of Misery (May 26) www.mountainsofmisery.com/2003/index.html.
    > >
    > > Sure would be nice to have some recumbent company.
    > >
    > > Pete Huber Speed Ross Pulaski, VA

  5. Al Kubeluis

    Al Kubeluis Guest

    Pete, Good luck on Mt. Marion Assault. Please tell us about it. Al "Pete Huber"