Sprinter vs. Motorist

Doug Taylor wrote:
> In a fistfight:
>
> http://sport.iafrica.com/news/198594.htm

What the hell is a gearlock? Sounds kind of nasty.

Greg

sounds like he needs to do some heavy bag work. he likes to fight but cant hold up to the abuse it
dishes back. hit the heavy bag and you at least get to enjoy kicking some jerkoffs ass......

>From: "G.T."
>
>What the hell is a gearlock? Sounds kind of nasty.

According to my South African friend, a gearlock is a heavy club-like thing -- it's like a stearing
wheel lock, but you use it on the gear lever. In the back country it's a better theft deterrent
because people found out they can use liquid nitro to break steering wheel locks.

JF

>Subject: Re: Sprinter vs. Motorist From: [email protected] (Jim Flom) Date: 1/2/03 1:54 PM
>Central Standard Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
>
>>From: "G.T."
>>
>>What the hell is a gearlock? Sounds kind of nasty.
>
>According to my South African friend, a gearlock is a heavy club-like thing
>--
>it's like a stearing wheel lock, but you use it on the gear lever. In the back country it's a
>better theft deterrent because people found out they can use liquid nitro to break steering
>wheel locks.
>
>JF

or just use a $5 hacksaw to cut through the steering wheel.

thanks, jason thug waddell

A couple of small drops of nitro into the lock and a sharp smack with a hammer and POW and the lock
is gone. Hardly louder than a firecracker and only takes about 3 seconds.

"Jason Waddell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >Subject: Re: Sprinter vs. Motorist From: [email protected] (Jim Flom) Date: 1/2/03 1:54
> >PM Central Standard Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
> >
> >>From: "G.T."
> >>
> >>What the hell is a gearlock? Sounds kind of nasty.
> >
> >According to my South African friend, a gearlock is a heavy club-like
thing
> >--
> >it's like a stearing wheel lock, but you use it on the gear lever. In
the
> >back country it's a better theft deterrent because people found out they can
use
> >liquid nitro to break steering wheel locks.
> >
> >JF
>
> or just use a $5 hacksaw to cut through the steering wheel.
>
> thanks, jason thug waddell

news:<[email protected]>...
> A couple of small drops of nitro into the lock and a sharp smack with a hammer and POW and the
> lock is gone. Hardly louder than a firecracker and only takes about 3 seconds.

Have you seen this done ? I'd used a lot of liquid nitrogen as an undergrad, you can freeze anything
plastic, rubber or organic and make it shatter, but I'd have a hard time believing you could break a
steel lock this way.

...and "a couple small drops" isn't going to cool a piece of metal too much (you can pour a couple
drops into your hand, just don't hold it). To cool something enough you have to dunk it in the
liquid nitrogen.

-Amit

Amit wrote:
>>A couple of small drops of nitro into the lock
>
> To cool something enough you have to dunk it in the liquid nitrogen.

Maybe he meant nitroglycerin.

"Amit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > A couple of small drops of nitro into the lock and a sharp smack with a hammer and POW and the
> > lock is gone. Hardly louder than a firecracker
and
> > only takes about 3 seconds.
>
> Have you seen this done ? I'd used a lot of liquid nitrogen as an undergrad, you can freeze
> anything plastic, rubber or organic and make it shatter, but I'd have a hard time believing you
> could break a steel lock this way.

I saw it done on a safe for which the combination was lost many years ago. Liquid "nitro"? Are you
talking about nitroglycerin like I am?