Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Sprocket chain slip during shift with Biopace Chainring

Started by meb · · Last activity · 1 post · 1,258 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
20 September 2003
Last activity
20 September 2003
Original author
meb
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,258
Views / 30 days
5

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I installed a 53T Biopace Chainring on my Vision mwb Recumbent.

    I am now seeing intermitten chain slip during shifts to the smaller two sprockets (It is certainly not a chain tension issue as I still need add links making up for the larger 53T sprocket-that is a separate issue currently precluding larger sprocket use that might amplify this problem when the links are finally added).

    I suspect it may relate to intermittent chain tension or chainspeed due the Biopace manifesting itself with the smaller sprockets (14 & 12) due fewer sprocket teeth engaged.

    I have not ruled out some Biopace induced chain slop on the longer recumbent chain but the small chain slop on the rear der feed portion of the loop is insulated with the deraileur and tensioner, there is a straight path between the sprocket and chainring on the tension side of the chainloop.

    Assuming the first hypothesis are what is occuring, is there a technique using a particular crank position during shifts for avoiding slipping?

    Is backing off and not powershifting a/the remedy?

    Do any Biopace cycling veterans have any other techniques for avoiding this problem?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.