Squeaking Pedals

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by spiz, Jan 2, 2005.

  1. spiz

    spiz New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2003
    Folks

    I have a pair of look pedals and they are suqeaking. Any suggestions on what this may be and how to fix these?

    Spiz

    Tags:

  2. rayner

    rayner New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2003
    theyre notorious for it. Might be low cleats but try running a little electricians tape around the pedal body, may do nothing but worth a try.

  3. oely

    oely New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2004
    I remember someone posting on here who had bought some new LOOK cleats that apparently addressed the squeak problem. Made with teflon or something from memory. However I cant remember hearing if it solved the problem or not.

  4. mfhor

    mfhor New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2004
    Pedal-cleat interface is the most common cause. Try rubbing an old low-tech candle where they meet.

    M "Ockhams Razor" H

  5. Peter Vesel

    Peter Vesel Guest

    "mfhor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > spiz Wrote:
    > > Folks
    > >
    > > I have a pair of look pedals and they are suqeaking. Any suggestions on
    > > what this may be and how to fix these?
    > >
    > > Spiz

    > Pedal-cleat interface is the most common cause. Try rubbing an old
    > low-tech candle where they meet.
    >
    > M "Ockhams Razor" H
    >

    > --
    > mfhor

    Or a cake of dry soap or Armour All

    Peter
    ps make sure your cleats aren't worn out

  6. Peter S

    Peter S Guest

    > spiz Wrote:
    >> Folks
    >>
    >> I have a pair of look pedals and they are suqeaking. Any suggestions on
    >> what this may be and how to fix these?
    >>
    >> Spiz

    > I remember someone posting on here who had bought some new LOOK cleats
    > that apparently addressed the squeak problem. Made with teflon or
    > something from memory. However I cant remember hearing if it solved the
    > problem or not.

    I've tried these cleats with teflon - so far they've been great, no squeak
    at all. Here's a link to show what they look like. They're available in oz
    too but this is a good pic to show the difference from the normal red cleat.
    I got mine from my regular bike shop in WA.

    http://www.parker-international.co.uk/ProductDetails/mcs/productID/2870

    Peter S
    [email protected]

  7. ::dom::

    ::dom:: New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2004
    A quick Pssst! of WD40 on the pedals AND cleats used to do the trick for me. I got so fed up I changed to SPD-SL pedals and have not heard a squeek since,