Squeaking Pedals

spiz

New Member
Dec 26, 2003
Folks

I have a pair of look pedals and they are suqeaking. Any suggestions on what this may be and how to fix these?

Spiz

spiz said:
Folks

I have a pair of look pedals and they are suqeaking. Any suggestions on what this may be and how to fix these?

Spiz
theyre notorious for it. Might be low cleats but try running a little electricians tape around the pedal body, may do nothing but worth a try.

spiz said:
Folks

I have a pair of look pedals and they are suqeaking. Any suggestions on what this may be and how to fix these?

Spiz

I remember someone posting on here who had bought some new LOOK cleats that apparently addressed the squeak problem. Made with teflon or something from memory. However I cant remember hearing if it solved the problem or not.

spiz said:
Folks

I have a pair of look pedals and they are suqeaking. Any suggestions on what this may be and how to fix these?

Spiz
Pedal-cleat interface is the most common cause. Try rubbing an old low-tech candle where they meet.

M "Ockhams Razor" H

"mfhor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> spiz Wrote:
> > Folks
> >
> > I have a pair of look pedals and they are suqeaking. Any suggestions on
> > what this may be and how to fix these?
> >
> > Spiz

> Pedal-cleat interface is the most common cause. Try rubbing an old
> low-tech candle where they meet.
>
> M "Ockhams Razor" H
>

> --
> mfhor

Or a cake of dry soap or Armour All

Peter
ps make sure your cleats aren't worn out

> spiz Wrote:
>> Folks
>>
>> I have a pair of look pedals and they are suqeaking. Any suggestions on
>> what this may be and how to fix these?
>>
>> Spiz

> I remember someone posting on here who had bought some new LOOK cleats
> that apparently addressed the squeak problem. Made with teflon or
> something from memory. However I cant remember hearing if it solved the
> problem or not.

I've tried these cleats with teflon - so far they've been great, no squeak
at all. Here's a link to show what they look like. They're available in oz
too but this is a good pic to show the difference from the normal red cleat.
I got mine from my regular bike shop in WA.

http://www.parker-international.co.uk/ProductDetails/mcs/productID/2870

Peter S
[email protected]

A quick Pssst! of WD40 on the pedals AND cleats used to do the trick for me. I got so fed up I changed to SPD-SL pedals and have not heard a squeek since,