Squeaky brakes

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Budgie, Nov 7, 2003.

  1. Budgie

    Budgie Guest

    Any suggestions on how to stop juddering/loud squeaking of my rear brake. Possibly caused by
    cleaning up the old rims with Autosol metal polish. Is there any easy-to-obtain cleaner that will
    keep the peace?

    Budgie

    ---

  2. > Any suggestions on how to stop juddering/loud squeaking of my rear brake. Possibly caused by
    > cleaning up the old rims with Autosol metal polish. Is there any easy-to-obtain cleaner that will
    > keep the peace?

    Try turning the brake blocks so the front bit hits the tyre first.

  3. Sandy Morton

    Sandy Morton Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Budgie <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Any suggestions on how to stop juddering/loud squeaking of my rear brake. Possibly caused by
    > cleaning up the old rims with Autosol metal polish. Is there any easy-to-obtain cleaner that will
    > keep the peace?

    Acetone

    --
    A T (Sandy) Morton on the Bicycle Island In the Global Village http://www.sandymillport.fsnet.co.uk

  4. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Budgie wrote:
    > Any suggestions on how to stop juddering/loud squeaking of my rear brake. Possibly caused by
    > cleaning up the old rims with Autosol metal polish. Is there any easy-to-obtain cleaner that will
    > keep the peace?

    Methylated spirits.

    ~PB