Squeaky Downshift

Sam Salt

Guest
I have not long had a new rear mech fitted,Deore LX.All was quiet at first but an annoying squeak
has developed when changing into a larger sprocket.It is silent when going to a smaller sprocket,no
noise at all.It is difficult to determine where exactly the squeak is coming from but it appears to
arise from the cassette/chain itself rather than the mech as if the wheel is absent the mech moves
silently.I have lubricated the mech,the chain (after a good clean ),sprayed some on the sprockets,
and also squirted some down the cable but the squeak persists.It may not be anything to do with the
new mech,in fact I don't think it is,but it is slowly getting on my nerves.The cassette is 8-speed
MegaRange.It changes gear with no problem except for the squeak.Anyone any ideas please.

Sam Salt

Thanks will give it a go.

Sam Salt