Squeaky Keo's ?

gman0482

Aug 13, 2009
Hey everyone,

I have the Look Keo Sprints, and a couple of rides ago I started to get a pretty loud squeak. At first I thought it was in the crank or a crack in carbon somewhere.

I narrowed it down to the front interface of the cleat that's rubbing on the nose of the pedal (side-to-side). I tried cleaning the surface and even sanded it down with fine paper.

What is the easiest, most effective solution ? New cleats ? WD-40 ?

Thanks,
-Greg

gman0482 said:
I have the Look Keo Sprints, and a couple of rides ago I started to get a pretty loud squeak. At first I thought it was in the crank or a crack in carbon somewhere.

I narrowed it down to the front interface of the cleat that's rubbing on the nose of the pedal (side-to-side). I tried cleaning the surface and even sanded it down with fine paper.

If the squeak is indeed coming from the front of the cleat, then try beeswax ... those YELLOW votive candles are beeswax.

Regular BAR soap is another possibility.

Rub the candle/soap/whatever on the upper & lower portion of the pedal which makes contact with the tip of the cleat ...

gman0482 said:
Hey everyone,

Thanks,
-Greg

Spray Pledge..onto the pedal and on the cleat before the ride. Be careful walking, the cleats get slippery after spraying...PLUS a wonderful lemony smell!

Try spray lube with PTFE (Teflon). It works to stop squeaks on my speedplays; in fact it's what they recommend as routine lube for their cleats.