Squeaky Shoes

Yojimbo_

Apr 17, 2005
Hi All

I have SPD cleats, and my left shoe squeaks so much I can't stand it. It doesn't seem to happen in cold / cool weather, but when it warms up a bit, squeak, squeak, squeak.

I've tried moving the cleat to a slightly different location on my shoe - this initially seemed to help a bit, but perhaps that was just an illusion because of cool weather again.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

What color are your cleats?

Yojimbo_ said:
Hi All

I have SPD cleats, and my left shoe squeaks so much I can't stand it. It doesn't seem to happen in cold / cool weather, but when it warms up a bit, squeak, squeak, squeak.

I've tried moving the cleat to a slightly different location on my shoe - this initially seemed to help a bit, but perhaps that was just an illusion because of cool weather again.

Hi All

Funny you should ask. I just posted a tip about this. A little anti-seize lubricant is very effective, but a bit messy if you are not careful. Just as good and much cleaner is lip balm. Drag your finger across the top of the balm to get a little on your finger tip. Rub that on the pedal / cleat contact surface. It lasts a good 150 to 200 miles.

If trapped water is making your shoes squeak, you’ll want to dry them out. Add a little bit of fabric softener onto a sponge or washcloth. Toss the sponge, along with your squeaking shoes, into the dryer.