Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Squealing Avid Arch Rival front brake?

Started by BC · · Last activity · 4 posts · 622 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
21 November 2005
Last activity
22 November 2005
Original author
BC
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
622
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I recently got a front Avid Arch Rival V-brake installed, and it
    squeals like crazy. The bike store toed it in, but it didn't seem to
    help. I know there's lots of info on the web about things to try for
    squealing brakes, but I was wondering if anyone has had any experience
    with this exact make, model, and location..?

    Thanks!
    Ben

  2. BC said:

    I recently got a front Avid Arch Rival V-brake installed, and it
    squeals like crazy. The bike store toed it in, but it didn't seem to
    help. I know there's lots of info on the web about things to try for
    squealing brakes, but I was wondering if anyone has had any experience
    with this exact make, model, and location..?

    Thanks!
    Ben

    We have had so many problems with Avid brakes and have warrantied so
    many, we don't sell them anymore. Squealing is the problem and nothing
    you can do will fix it. Get a different brake. Tektro is a good choice.

  3. Yes, mine squealed like mad - so much so that I replaced the front one with
    a cheap Shimano that didn't squeal nearly as much. The rear one never
    squealed as much.

    Nick

    "BC" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I recently got a front Avid Arch Rival V-brake installed, and it
    squeals like crazy. The bike store toed it in, but it didn't seem to
    help. I know there's lots of info on the web about things to try for
    squealing brakes, but I was wondering if anyone has had any experience
    with this exact make, model, and location..?

    Thanks!
    Ben

  4. BC said:

    I recently got a front Avid Arch Rival V-brake installed, and it
    squeals like crazy. The bike store toed it in, but it didn't seem to
    help. I know there's lots of info on the web about things to try for
    squealing brakes, but I was wondering if anyone has had any experience
    with this exact make, model, and location..?

    Thanks!
    Ben

    Arch Rival pivots have all that linkage [censored]. Linkage = play = movement =
    noise = aggravation = scared pedestrians = guns = cops = jailtime = no job =
    bum = begging = lots of money.

    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.