Squirrel songs by The Beatles

BicyclingGuitar

Aug 18, 2003
I like the 1965 Beatles movie Help! a lot. There are so many jokes and sight gags in this movie. A few days ago I recorded my cover of Help! (the title track). This version is solo instrumental guitar, no vocals because I currently don't have a microphone.

I have several parodies of songs from Help! in my repertoire, all about squirrels!

I treed you (by George)
Another squirrel (by Paul)
You're going to lose that squirrel (by John)

[sample lyrics]
"She's sweeter than all the squirrels and I've met quite a few. No squirrel in all the world can do what she can do...For I have got another squirrel. Another squirrel who will love me 'til the end. Through thick and thin she will always be my squirrel."

There's another bicycling forum online that has an entire thread devoted to "Bicycling Guitarist jokes" by or about me. I won't say directly <cough>bikeforums.net<cough>. I figured I'll spread the fun around a bit. Peace.

BicyclingGuitar said:
...There's another bicycling forum online that has an entire thread devoted to "Bicycling Guitarist jokes" by or about me. I won't say directly <cough>bikeforums.net<cough>. I figured I'll spread the fun around a bit. Peace.
I'm a refugee from that now-over-moderated forum.

cyberlegend1994 said:
I'm a refugee from that now-over-moderated forum.

i like how you went back and changed your post.

are you one of thirty mods who don't even ride bikes or are you one of the investors wanting to sell me the 'platinum' membership just so i can post youtube vids there?
if so i'm still not interested.

hey sorry bicycling guitarist, i wasn't attempting to jack your thread, it just so happens that there are people on this earth who have nothing better to do than stalk me.

and to answer your question, yes, i am a musician. i hear music everywhere, from the 4/4 of the churning of the pedals to the roaring of a fire engine siren to the rain on my windowsill and i play guitar, bass guitar, drums, clarinet (very rusty), piano (no good whatsoever) and i sing a bit too, all passed down from my pops.

i love philharmonic music the most as it's just so gripping.

i think that it is very cool that you play and ride, very cool.

roadhouse said:
i like how you went back and changed your post.

are you one of thirty mods who don't even ride bikes or are you one of the investors wanting to sell me the 'platinum' membership just so i can post youtube vids there?
if so i'm still not interested.
<rant>
I was never a mod on that forum. I stripped all the info out of my profile there and stopped visiting there because an anal-retentive lead admin there - whom I won't give the satisfaction of naming - doesn't like my sig. He actually had the stones to strip it from me and accuse it of sending malware into the system, which is nothing short of total BS. Also, they changed the subscription membership to 'Titanium' and made it only good for a year. Not worth the moolah, IMHO.
</rant>
BTW - for the record, if you've read any of my recent posts here, you'll know I do actually ride.

cyberlegend1994 said:
<rant>
I was never a mod on that forum. I stripped all the info out of my profile there and stopped visiting there because an anal-retentive lead admin there - whom I won't give the satisfaction of naming - doesn't like my sig. He actually had the stones to strip it from me and accuse it of sending malware into the system, which is nothing short of total BS. Also, they changed the subscription membership to 'Titanium' and made it only good for a year. Not worth the moolah, IMHO.
</rant>
BTW - for the record, if you've read any of my recent posts here, you'll know I do actually ride.

whoops! and i know exactly who you are talking about and it was a good forum all in all but the mods killed its value. oh well, thanks goodness for this one.

Preston.

roadhouse said:
whoops! and i know exactly who you are talking about and it was a good forum all in all but the mods killed its value. oh well, thanks goodness for this one.

Glad I found this forum. I had noticed that my abilities to do stuff at the other place had become more limited.

The "Bicycling Guitarist jokes" thread is not **** no matter where it is located. When that thread started on that other place, that other place didn't have the over-modding problem yet.

Maybe someday bicycling guitarist jokes will become a standard category of jokes like blonde jokes. Who knows?

roadhouse said:
hey sorry bicycling guitarist, i wasn't attempting to jack your thread, it just so happens that there are people on this earth who have nothing better to do than stalk me.

and to answer your question, yes, i am a musician. i hear music everywhere, from the 4/4 of the churning of the pedals to the roaring of a fire engine siren to the rain on my windowsill and i play guitar, bass guitar, drums, clarinet (very rusty), piano (no good whatsoever) and i sing a bit too, all passed down from my pops.

i love philharmonic music the most as it's just so gripping.

i think that it is very cool that you play and ride, very cool.

Hey roadhouse why are you always pedaling in comon time. I like to try a little 6/8 to keep me going up a hill. and then on the down hill its all 3/4. just sayin that a little change in tempo might do some good, but no key changes because it might sound wierd...hahaha. Keep playin

Sometimes I measure my ride in songs per mile and sometimes in miles per song. It depends on the terrain and my mood. I do change keys from time to time. Odd time signatures are fine too.

Hi,
"Bicycling Guitarist jokes" I'll go through it,I like their jokes...:p
But lines of song you mentioned from HELP, I also like it..

Nelson

nelsonclassic said:
Hi,
"Bicycling Guitarist jokes" I'll go through it,I like their jokes...:p
But lines of song you mentioned from HELP, I also like it..

Hi Nelson! If you like the cartoon series Family Guy, you might enjoy looking at my blog entry for September 2, 2009

Yesterday, I made a new recording of my cover version of Help! by The Beatles. It is solo guitar, no overdubs yet but eventually I'll add bass, lead and vocal parts.