SRAM 3.0 gripshift cable removal

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by geepeetee, Aug 21, 2004.

  1. geepeetee

    geepeetee Guest

    Hi

    Can anyone tell me how to remove the cables from these (as header). There
    appears to be just one grubscrew and that locks the shift mechanism onto the
    bars.

    It appears quite mysterious.

    thanks in advance

    Gary

    Tags:

  2. tcmedara

    tcmedara Guest

    geepeetee <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how to remove the cables from these (as header).
    > There appears to be just one grubscrew and that locks the shift
    > mechanism onto the bars.
    >
    > It appears quite mysterious.
    >
    > thanks in advance
    >
    > Gary

    There should be a small cover plate on the shifter bocy that allows access
    to the cable.

    Maybe this link will help: http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/lever.shtml

    Tom

  3. "geepeetee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Can anyone tell me how to remove the cables from these (as header). There
    > appears to be just one grubscrew and that locks the shift mechanism onto

    the
    > bars.

    You could also ask over in rec.bicycles.tech -- this sounds like something
    they'd enjoy answering.

    --
    Warm Regards,

    Claire Petersky