SRAM 5.0 any good?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Scotty, Aug 10, 2004.

  1. Scotty

    Scotty Guest

    Looking at a SRAM 5.0 kit for a good price, question is, how well will it hold
    up to hard trail/urban riding?

    Thanks,
    Scotty

    Tags:

  2. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    "Scotty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Looking at a SRAM 5.0 kit for a good price, question is, how well will it

    hold
    > up to hard trail/urban riding?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Scotty

    I have the 5.0 rear derrail on the red bike, and love it. It shifts under
    power, never takes more than a quarter turn of the cranks to fully engage,
    jumps from 28 to 34 flawlessly, just outperforms ole xt & lx all day long.
    It's on my red bike that I loan out to newbies who are always panic
    downshifting while standing up pedaling. takes a lot of abuse.

    paladin

  3. ellis

    ellis Guest

    "Scotty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Looking at a SRAM 5.0 kit for a good price, question is, how well will it

    hold
    > up to hard trail/urban riding?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Scotty

    I have SRAM ESP 4.0 rear d & ESP 5.0 Shorty shifters on my beater bike that
    I bomb around the city in and they work fine. Cheap, works great, no
    complaints. Get the Shorties, not Halfpipes. Just my preference.