SRAM 5.0 any good?

Scotty

Guest
Looking at a SRAM 5.0 kit for a good price, question is, how well will it hold
up to hard trail/urban riding?

Thanks,
Scotty

"Scotty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Looking at a SRAM 5.0 kit for a good price, question is, how well will it

hold
> up to hard trail/urban riding?
>
> Thanks,
> Scotty

I have the 5.0 rear derrail on the red bike, and love it. It shifts under
power, never takes more than a quarter turn of the cranks to fully engage,
jumps from 28 to 34 flawlessly, just outperforms ole xt & lx all day long.
It's on my red bike that I loan out to newbies who are always panic
downshifting while standing up pedaling. takes a lot of abuse.

paladin

"Scotty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Looking at a SRAM 5.0 kit for a good price, question is, how well will it

hold
> up to hard trail/urban riding?
>
> Thanks,
> Scotty

I have SRAM ESP 4.0 rear d & ESP 5.0 Shorty shifters on my beater bike that
I bomb around the city in and they work fine. Cheap, works great, no
complaints. Get the Shorties, not Halfpipes. Just my preference.